TurboRauder Mk I DW Durable Frenzy / Cleaver

Thanks to the 0.11 release I had the opportunity to revive my Marauder who was my first toon and was pretty much dead in the water in early Merciless due to a terrible build.

I scanned through various popular builds and liked the look of the Elemental cleave builds on show as I really wanted to make dual wield work, but I wasn't 100% happy with the mara based versions of this.

I've also been making use of alt-firing Frenzy a lot on my ele bow ranger to bump up attack speed and I wanted to see how I could marry this with the elemental cleave builds, making full use of multistrike as well and make it my own.

What I quickly realized after the initial respec and bastardizing the really bad gear and mix of gems I had available was that by opening my attacks with enduring cry / warlords mark and then a multistrike frenzy I was almost permanently fighting with 3 endurance and 3 frenzy charges up which is really off the hook.

I took another look at the build based on this and further refined it into something which I think is unique enough to warrant sharing and calling my own - Enter the TurboRauder!

The primary skill setups are as follows:

Spoiler

Cleave
4L : Cleave, Multistrike, Weapon Elemental Damage, Life Leech
5L : Cleave, Multistrike, Weapon Elemental Damage, Life Leech + (added fire/lightning damage/concentraded effect)

Late game once static blows is picked up and 6L is available the possiblity for elemental profliferation is also good here.

Frenzy :
At it's most basic this is just used as an initiator to refresh frenzy charges, but if linked up well can also be used as a single target attack. At the moment I'm experimenting with Blind and melee splash on this to make myself a harder target

Basic : Frenzy, Multistrike
4L (blinder variant) : Frenzy,Multistrike,Melee Splash,Blind

Endurance
Use a combination of Warlords Mark and Enduring Cry to Keep Endurance charges up - add a Rejuvenation Totem for extra survivability.

Aura Setup:
Initially Wrath and Anger
Add Grace once you have Iron Reflexes up
Preferably put these on a 4Link with reduced mana.

After the optional late game respec out of blood magic and into mana flows you can add more auras to taste supported by a Blood Magic Gem.

Mobility / icing on the cake :
You can of course add a variety of mobility skills to this to suit your tastes. Leap Slam is the Marauder way, but the build carries enough dexterity to support, flicker, strike, Whirling blades and Cyclone as well.

The Basic 100 point build looks like this

The late Game Respec (108 Points) Picks up the last 2 central life nodes and specs out of Blood magic and up through Golem's Blood Into the Duelist tree, picking up Mana flows, Water Dancing Steel Skin and Master of the Arena. This should add a lot of late-game survivability and extra dps and also allow you to support more auras through the use of BM Gem(s) and Clarity.

*EDIT*

Alternative 112 Point late game respec, which I think is more efficient In terms of balancing Dex and Int and picks up additional melee dmg :

In terms of gear for this build it's pretty much a no-brainer.

You need two high IAS / High DPS 1handers (axes, or swords) to run cleave with as much +ele dmg on them as possible.

For the rest +hp +res standard tanky stuff (although the basic build ends with a lot of +HP% and 52% all res in passives!) Use EVA gear for reduced movement penalities once you have iron reflexes and your dex can support it.

I haven't done a build breakdown into lower levels yet, but basically balance picking up HP, Res and DPS as you need to and rush Resolute Technique, Blood Magic and Iron Relfexes as the 3 cornerstones of the build as soon as it's viable.

My level 57 build looks like this and is holding up well in merciless with fairly rubbish gear :

This is my first posted build, any crit and improvement suggesstions are very welcome.
Last edited by CitizenBob on Jun 10, 2013, 9:48:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info