Iron Reflexes and +armor% passive nodes

"
Spectruma wrote:
Wouldn't you make more advantage if you would just focus entirely on armour and get only armour passives?
For this question, I direct you to Konfeta's post HERE. 3rd post down.

Actually, because DEX gives a bonus 1% Evasion for every 5 points, Iron Reflexes with pure Evasion gear will provide much better Damage Reduction than Pure STR gear and Armor Passives. If you have 300 DEX, that's a free 60% Evasion Boost which will then translate into Armor.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Jul 30, 2012, 11:01:38 AM
If you want to make the most out of Iron Reflexes, you'll want to pick up the largest increases in evasion and armour available to you. Both will offer the exact same benefit assuming you only have Evasion gear.

If you have Iron Reflexes and full Evasion gear, Leather and Steel will in fact give a 48% armour bonus. It's a pretty sick passive, and I've heard multiple concerns that it alone makes IR overpowered.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Spectruma wrote:
Wouldn't you make more advantage if you would just focus entirely on armour and get only armour passives?
For this question, I direct you to Konfeta's post HERE. 3rd post down.

Actually, because DEX gives a bonus 1% Evasion for every 5 points, Iron Reflexes with pure Evasion gear will provide much better Damage Reduction than Pure STR gear and Armor Passives. If you have 300 DEX, that's a free 60% Evasion Boost which will then translate into Armor.

I had a ranger tank, and I can attest to this being correct. :)

I was using something similar to this build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQIBCNty1-AgJym_UjmuaiLrvAbARM9phWzcSbYfbQ2QyGYF3NO97x4SX6gUcPE1ASd2YPDWrbIhSHrUkxN47fZ5Fh6ZXpk7kMhkX9NDhSPvSKxExjLp_WgJbXGEKRyUgzueiWl-lkhZ_POVwD5RkrJitgNDi6XeoK9NY2o8MvQKmBSjoM6NUll5yZZmtQ1BLfD0ZafuyvltlW0itfrNrrrb4VrjXnJdYYBsd87Q7LK8Ovyys5EDGe2egE_pgyAk-w5iYZrfSuGkb9iKFxObYLUzoTTfSzw0NrVq6W8MfQbmyYE3lwhEahqa9rP11jcphsCPCRU5OCq6bV6qSAHzsvdQRw70lhFTT2zCbtz8m4kb7dwLgqSmYYpqKI2pGP_qO24_18yj-djZxq9631gQ3oEUBQ==

However, she had a little more armour from the marauder tree, which is no longer accessible. Yet the total remains the same. 300% combined.

Basic stats:

208% inc. evasion.
92% inc. armour.
70% more defenses from shield.
19% inc. block chance. 60%~ total with buckler.
86% inc. life.

67% inc. melee physical damage.
30% inc. cold damage.
27% inc. attack speed.

Was a very durable character.

"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
alright i can't understand the math, and the too much words =( sorry,

so the way i understand,

if u have Iron Reflex, always aim for evasion gear over armor gear?

i specced IR too, with investments in both evasion and armor nodes, and would like to know which to look out for:

1. pure armour value X
2. pure evasion value Y
3. armour/evasion value Z (where Z > X+Y)

"
CliffAhead wrote:

so the way i understand,

i specced IR too, with investments in both evasion and armor nodes, and would like to know which to look out for:

1. pure armour value X
2. pure evasion value Y

Yes. Aim for evasion gear. But if you find a high value armor piece, you should of course use that, until you find an evasion piece that gives more total.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
I'm a little confused. When Iron Reflexes says converts evasion to armor does that mean I lose all my evasion into armor, or can I still evade AND my evade rating adds to armor? Sorry but can anyone clear this up a bit more?

If it works the latter then of course pure evasion gear would be superior since it would be also counting as armor as well..2 stat bonuses from only one. Is this how it works?

*After reading that other old thread im still confused sadly..Can anyway break it down for a retard? Or atleast confrim that pure evasion stacking better then evasion/armor stacking?
Last edited by CptNinjetty on Aug 4, 2012, 7:46:23 PM
"
jawsofhana wrote:
"
CliffAhead wrote:

so the way i understand,

1. pure armour value X
2. pure evasion value Y

Yes. Aim for evasion gear. But if you find a high value armor piece, you should of course use that, until you find an evasion piece that gives more total.

You shouldn't forget that your dexterity increases the evasion you get from eva armor (which is than of course converted - so if a str armor has the same number as a dex armor you'll get more from the evasion armor (because of the bonus from your dexterity)).

Since you invested in both armor and eva nodes you get the bonus from both when you put on evea armor - first the evasion get modified, than it gets converted to armor and in the end the armor boni are applied as well (at least that is how i understand it)

If you are not sure which of 2 pieces of armor benefits you most -> the easiest way for you to determine would be to press c in-game and click on the defense tab, switch your armor and see if the damage reduction goes up ;)

EDIT:
"
CptNinjetty wrote:
I'm a little confused. When Iron Reflexes says converts evasion to armor does that mean I lose all my evasion into armor, or can I still evade AND my evade rating adds to armor? Sorry but can anyone clear this up a bit more?

If it works the latter then of course pure evasion gear would be superior since it would be also counting as armor as well..2 stat bonuses from only one. Is this how it works?

*After reading that other old thread im still confused sadly..Can anyway break it down for a retard? Or atleast confrim that pure evasion stacking better then evasion/armor stacking?

It converts it, so you have no evasion left only armor :)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Aug 4, 2012, 8:00:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info