Iron Reflexes and +armor% passive nodes

Say I have a high evasion build and use Iron Reflexes, and I end up with 15000 armor.

If I take a +10% armor passive node, will it add 1500 armor, or what will it do?

it wont give 1,5k if you have any other armor or evasion nodes cuz the 15k isnt the flat amount of armor you get its with all the other passives you got
IGN:fun_Build
The 10% is additive with any other increases you have. Let's say for instance you have Leather and Steel which gives 24% Armor and Evasion. If you take another 10% armor node, your total now becomes 34% Armor and 24% Evasion. Make sense?
Here's how I think the mechanics currently works... Let's say I'm wearing the follow gear:
Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable

My passive passive tree gives me +30% evasion and +20% armour. Let's say I have 100 evasion from my character himself.

Total evasion = ( 100 base character evasion + 55 from hat + 73 from shield ) * ( 1+0.3 from skilltree)
= 296.4
Convert to armour: 296.4

Total armour = ( 296.4 total evasion + 35 from chest ) * (1 + 0.2 from skilltree)
= 397.8

When you add another 10% armour node, you modify only the last part:

New total armour = ( 296.4 total evasion + 35 from chest ) * (1 +0.3 from skilltree)
= 430.82

It's ~8% net increase in this case. Your +x% armour additives and +x% evasion additives are summed separately, and then multiplied.

Can someone confirm that?
Last edited by zharmad on Jul 29, 2012, 11:37:35 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The sweet bonus from +armour% after Iron Reflexes is that it essentially multiplies with your +evasion% instead of the flat addition any new +evasion% would give you.
Like zharmad said, the +armour% gets added after conversion of your Evasion to Armour. Essentially the bonus you get from +evasion% becomes base armour in that conversion and is "eligible" to be added upon by the +armour% nodes/mods.

Good thing there are no armour nodes close to Iron Reflexes and only a handful at reachable distances or you could seriously boost your damage reduction even on the "fragile" classes.
So if I understand zharmad correctly:

+evasion% will count on your evasion rating and that total will turn into armor

+armor% will count on the sum of evasion and armor rating

That sounds weird...
Last edited by Tikal on Jul 30, 2012, 8:12:59 AM
It's to make sure that your +evasion% doesn't get affected by your +armor% and make the sum multiplicative. Basically the system differentiates "evasion that is turned into armor," and applies both +evasion% and +armor% to that same base value.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
The 10% is additive with any other increases you have. Let's say for instance you have Leather and Steel which gives 24% Armor and Evasion. If you take another 10% armor node, your total now becomes 34% Armor and 24% Evasion. Make sense?

So, it's not like leather and steel gives a 48% armour boost when you have iron reflexes?
Iron Reflexes works off of Base Evasion. You cant just lump the 24% and 24% together to get 48%, it doesn't work that way, not completely at least.

Let's create a scenario.

Your character has:
Iron Reflexes
100 Base Evasion
100 DEX - 20% Evasion
Leather and Steel - 24% Armor & 24% Evasion
1 Helmet with 100 Evasion and 100 Armor total.
1 Amulet with +5% Armor
1 Ring with +5% Evasion

The formula should be something like this:

Iron Reflexes Armor Value = [(Base Evasion + Flat Evasion from Equipment)*(DEX Bonus + Percentage Evasion from Ring + Evasion Passives)] + [(Flat Armor from Equipment + (Base Evasion + Flat Evasion from Equipment))*(1 + Percentage Armor from Amulet + Armor Passives)]

AV = [(100 + 100)*(.20 + .05 + .24)] + [(100 + (100 + 100))*(1 + .05 + .24)]
AV = [200*.49] + [300*1.29]
AV = 485

OR to look at it another way:

AV = [(Base Evasion + Flat Evasion from Equipment)*(1 + DEX Bonus + Evasion Passives + Armor Passives + Percentage Evasion on Ring + Percentage Armor on Amulet)] + [(Flat Armor from Equipment*(1 + Armor Passives + Percentage Armor from Amulet)]

AV = [200*1.78] + [100*1.29]
AV = 485
Last edited by FaceLicker on Jul 30, 2012, 10:54:38 AM
"
FaceLicker wrote:

So, if you were to be aiming for as high damage reduction as possible, with iron reflexes. You need to focus on both armour and evasion rating to get the maximum out of the passives you use (if you use both armour and evasion passives).

Wouldn't you make more advantage if you would just focus entirely on armour and get only armour passives?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info