{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

"
Allnamestaken wrote:
This is just great...but I guess it was expected, since BMs were being a number spectre, which is not that good. The problem being though, all other pretty good spectres are fps killers.

The nerf is insane though, there will be no way to make them both survivable and do any meaningful damage now.

Their damage won't be as good as before, their survivability won't change as you would almost be using minion life on anything you didn't want to re-summon constantly.

Either way their done, I'll probably switch to a support build with evangelists + AG + Zombies.
"
Moose65 wrote:
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
This is just great...but I guess it was expected, since BMs were being a number spectre, which is not that good. The problem being though, all other pretty good spectres are fps killers.

The nerf is insane though, there will be no way to make them both survivable and do any meaningful damage now.

Their damage won't be as good as before, their survivability won't change as you would almost be using minion life on anything you didn't want to re-summon constantly.

Either way their done, I'll probably switch to a support build with evangelists + AG + Zombies.

That is exactly it, we can't afford to trade survivalability for some more damage, and will not able to get the damage now on them any other way.

Plus new content looks like it is taylor made to kill summons. Just look at the boss of vaal area that they showed in teh video...sigh. They really want to make us constantly resummon, as we might not have enough damage to kill stuff fast enough for minions to live now...Maybe that is their snapshot "fix"? They might think they overbuffed minion survivalability, did they? I haven't really played too much after the minion patch.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Mar 5, 2014, 2:25:25 AM
"
Allnamestaken wrote:

That is exactly it, we can't afford to trade survivalability for some more damage, and will not able to get the damage now on them any other way.

Plus new content looks like it is taylor made to kill summons. Just look at the boss of vaal area that they showed in teh video...sigh. They really want to make us constantly resummon, as we might not have enough damage to kill stuff fast enough for minions to live now...Maybe that is their snapshot "fix"? They might think they overbuffed minion survivalability, did they? I haven't really played too much after the minion patch.

Skullhead IMO is the biggest boost to minion survivability after the minion patch, so they might be trying to find a way to simply kill minions to where snapshotting isn't practical if your not wearing the gear (Skullhead doesn't have horrible stats btw other than not having +2 minions).

Hopefully that isn't their solution to fixing snapshot. I already think that Vaal Orbs are gonna be an issue, especially if any kind of balance is being considered around them. Level 21 Zombies + Level 4 Empower is a huge boost to their survivability, but its not gonna be affordable for the average player who doesn't grind like crazy.
Last edited by Moose65 on Mar 5, 2014, 2:41:12 AM
I should probably say goodbye to my three musketeers (evangelist, BM and flame sentinel) setup as well, it was fun and also painful getting one spectre from each area lol.

I think most of us saw this coming, either a snapshot fix or a bm nerf was coming. without bm's each other summon has its drawbacks (evangelists dont clear nearly as fast, sentinels can die to reflect and are bit large) but is also viable for endgame nonetheless. just not as dominant.

in good news, we're getting ele adaptation.
Last edited by grepman on Mar 5, 2014, 3:12:21 AM
"
grepman wrote:
I should probably say goodbye to my three musketeers (evangelist, BM and flame sentinel) setup as well, it was fun and also painful getting one spectre from each area lol.

I think most of us saw this coming, either a snapshot fix or a bm nerf was coming. without bm's each other summon has its drawbacks (evangelists dont clear nearly as fast, sentinels can die to reflect and are bit large) but is also viable for endgame nonetheless. just not as dominant.

I almost think zombies will be better now to 6L, and to use support spectres such as Evangelists, perhaps even re-visit the frenzy gorillas.

I'm also looking forward to Elemental Adaptation and the new Marauder Max Resist nodes. I'll be able to bump my Max Resists to 88 without flasks, 89 if I ever get level 21 purity gems.
Last edited by Moose65 on Mar 5, 2014, 3:16:08 AM
"
Moose65 wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

I almost think zombies will be better now to 6L, and to use support spectres such as Evangelists, perhaps even re-visit the frenzy gorillas.

I'm also looking forward to Elemental Adaptation and the new Marauder Max Resist nodes. I'll be able to bump my Max Resists to 88 without flasks, 89 if I ever get level 21 purity gems.

Will zombies be able to survive reflect now? They did give them leech, but if I understand correctly, melee splash might actually be bad now on reflect maps, no?
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell

you guys might try this setup now that bm are nerfed

spellcrit shield with necro aegis
crit weakness curse
flame sentinels with spectre + damage + faster casting + pcoc + (crit/critmultiplier/conc effect/leech or whatever you prefer)

with tree power charges they get to about 50% crit chance and they get those charges fairly quick
i used this as a fun build but now that bms are nerfed it might actually be good
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
"
Amiag wrote:

crit weakness curse
flame sentinels with spectre + damage + faster casting + pcoc + (crit/critmultiplier/conc effect/leech or whatever you prefer)

with tree power charges they get to about 50% crit chance and they get those charges fairly quick
i used this as a fun build but now that bms are nerfed it might actually be good

Flame sentinels are aweful for me, as I play on laptop. Going down to 1 fps when they perform their carpet bombing is not fun at all. That's why I adored BMs, great damage and ease of use with no fps hit.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
"
Amiag wrote:

crit weakness curse

Flame sentinels are aweful for me, as I play on laptop. Going down to 1 fps when they perform their carpet bombing is not fun at all. That's why I adored BMs, great damage and ease of use with no fps hit.

You can always use arcmages.
I still believe BM will be stronger than flame sentinels, not as good as before may be though.
Anyway, if I understand correctly, in a lvl 70+ map BM's hp/damage will scale bit more than usual lvl 66-68 (which is currently), that may equate things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info