Need help for Infernal Blow melee 2H build

I asked few questions in another thread and I am still confused on what to do with this build. The idea is going with a IB + Splash (maybe + Multistrike also) and I dont know if should I make passive tree boosting preferably physical or fire damage (with near opposite nodes and ofc life and armor nodes).

Ill copy/paste what I asked:

"I have doubts if explosion is really needed above 20% mobs life especially with Splash gem. You will damage few mobs for a lot more with physical damage nodes only and such and they when 1st one explodes they will all explode to death and chain explosions. With improved radius from quality + passives I think that will suffice. But maybe Im wrong."

Im also planning to use heavy strike on single targets and bosses. Or is there any other alternative if its better to go +fire path?

And what are some of the keystones that are requred to this kind of build, regardless of what path I am choosing? And what support gems, auras and such, should I go BM (If I go there then I am dropping auras or not?).

Should I go Splash and/or Multistrike with IB or not? If I choose physical route what are other supporting spells and gems to go with it? And for Heavy Strike also?

What are cons and pros for both paths, what is better path to folow?

Can someone kindly elaborate on theese, Im sure a lot of people need this info, but if I am the only one noob here, then please help just me.

I am currently just went to Resolute Technique and saved other points untill I choose what to do so I have now 21 unspent passive points and I have trouble at staying alive cause of that and damage and life is low. I practicly cant go much more playing like this.
Anyone? Please?
I'm doing the same type of build starting as a temp. I'm going maul for mine for the super high dmg that will be splashed. My plan is to get a lot of the armor and health nodes with the mauds ele resist nodes (if you get all 6 its 60% to fire/lightning/cold resist) that way i dont have to worry about finding so much resist on my gear and can go for the cheaper glass-cannon type armor no one wants. Might be harder to lvl for a bit but i think its gonna be worth it :)here the 91 point build im hoping to make. Passive skill tree build
Last edited by Calif72 on Sep 6, 2013, 2:29:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info