Game was fun until..

I got harrassed bc i didnt read the directions or manual on this site or something, that explained a situation i asked about in chat. People called me a noob and i defended myself by not knowin the information was on this website and then i got muted by a GM for 20 mins. Was fun while it lasted, everyone have a good day.
Last edited by Sam on Jul 29, 2012, 3:43:42 AM
When did this happen? Let the devs know so they can look into possible community abuse. Chat logs are kept.
Last edited by Semptimilius on Jul 28, 2012, 10:50:03 PM
Muting is not banning. It sounds like you could have taken the event as a lesson learned and just played while muted.

I know I answered questions for about 30 minutes last night. Many of them would have been self-answered with just a few minutes of play time.
---------------

For Great Cheeses!
Last edited by Argyx on Jul 28, 2012, 11:02:16 PM
Wow. Thats harsh.
Maybe it would be better if the GMs talked to people and told them what they did wrong instead of just muting people out of nowhere.
I find it is not easy to find the information right away using the site, mostly because I do not know how to search game forums properly.

For example I was confused on gems, I wanted to know if I could add multiple support gems of the same kind to an item to make my fireball better. I asked and was called a noob and told to go find it on the forums.

Truth is I still cant find it I just learned it doesnt work that way from nicer players along the way.

I dont really ever go to pages or use forums. D3 started me using forums mostly because I couldnt figure out what I was doing wrong and had to post and found out it was the game not me. So it became D3: lord of the forums for me.

I do not think a lot of people who play use pages or forums. I 'bought' the game I figure the instructions will be in the game.
a Dolphin is just a gay shark....it's true ummhmmm
Ok the question i asked was how to ID items, im guessing the GM was Venom? He starts going on this triade about how im bad and a stupid noob, i should have read the website like everyone else does and i wouldn't have to ask stupid questions. I said something like why u gotta be a jackass about it man, it was a simple question. Next thing u know it says u have been muted by a gm for 19 mins and 56 seconds or something. I didnt appreciate being called an idiot basically by who ever it was, and then a gm proceeds to mute me kind of ruined my experience.
Are we really bickering over a 20 minute mute?

Did you really expect the thousands of people online to all be upstanding citizens?
A little tangential to the discussion...but don't you start the game with "Scrolls of Identify" in your inventory? What did you think those scrolls did?
Honestly i was kind of taken back at all the "new" stuff i had to figure out and i didnt know how to pause the game, and i kept getting attacked by stuff. I didnt have time to search thru my inventory before i found an item and when i tried to equip it, it said something about it needed un'ided sure i should have looked over the items in my inventory. Either way the game looks fun as hell especially after watching the youtube video fo them playing endgame content. Ill give the game another try just gonna close out the chat window and come here if i have problems or questions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info