Ruler of Wraeclast Pack

He should donate 100% of his salary to charity for 5 years straight before he has the moral authority to talk crapsh!t about Charan's financial choices.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
I wish I had 25k so I can buy 2 ROWs just to piss Newman off. Heard he like to be pissed off. Communist.

Honestly, I was thinking exactly the same thing. I'm even reinstalling the game just to see if I can get back into it enough to justify it so that the entire $12.5k isn't spent just on pissing off one ignorant commie.
wow, I seriously don't get the arrogance that some people have here thinking they are in a position do judge other peoples way of spending their own money. If Charan enjoys the game, agrees with the direction GGG is going and is in a financial position to spend a decent amount of cash on it, it is his choice to do so and it really isn't anyone elses business... Why do people even care how much money it has? What does it matter, your wallet doesn't define you as a person!
and what is this nonsense about trying to guilt-trip someone in saying he could have spent that money on charity? again, his personal choice and who knows, maybe he does spend a lot more than that on charity.

whatever, I am grateful for people who are supporting the game, however much they spend as it means I get to keep enjoying it. Never seen a company who was as involved with the community as GGG and it is very much appreciated! A beacon of hope in an EA dominated landscape :)
"
newman92 wrote:
Says the guy who spends his family's inheritance on a game...

Even if it was "10%" and you have 90% saved, what a complete shame. I would NEVER, ever disrespect my love ones and use their hard earned money for some support package. (Sure donating a couple hundred would be fine, since you did 12.5k) You're the person who needs to look into money management.

12.5k Could be enough for missions trips around the world to help 3rd world countries/etc, but I guess you take Pixel's over that, which in any event; is another shameful behavior.

But I guess, it's your money, do whatever you want..But don't be telling other people how to manage money.

Oh dear... just oh dear,

Its relative.
If you earn £10000 per year, £2000 is a lot of money to contribute.
If you earn £100000 per year, £20000 is a lot of money to contribute.

Ok, thats a crap example but you know what im getting at.

I have a friend who is a professional poker player. He used to be a professional counterstrike player. Some months he may earn £60,000 and then he wins practically nothing (£7000-£10000). Thats not "practically nothing" for me but to him, its a real hit in mouth!
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
From my experience, people who bring up 'with that money you could ...' are usually someone who sits at home, complaining about the world, not doing anything about it.
I've spent a bit of money on this game, because I like to support something creative and enjoy using it. The past years I've spent thousands on projects and in companies, whom I wish to succeed.
It's my money and I'll spend it how I want... good for you Charan
Also spend twenty hours a week, of my time, to help the disable ... don't complain, go out and do something about it ...
With so much negativity in this post, I just wanted to say congratulations to Charan for the supporting the game so much with the Ruler of Wraeclast pack! That is awesome. I hope you help design a sweet monster.

To the haters: to each their own. Everyone has a different hobby to spend their money on, with video games being one option. Some people will buy a boat, gamble it all away, buy tools, buy dolls, buy pictures, etc. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and can spend their money how they please. What Charan did was amazing for GGG; he is helping fund this studio. The people who develop the game need money as much as anyone else. Thumbs up!
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
I wish I had 25k so I can buy 2 ROWs just to piss Newman off. Heard he like to be pissed off. Communist.

Honestly, I was thinking exactly the same thing. I'm even reinstalling the game just to see if I can get back into it enough to justify it so that the entire $12.5k isn't spent just on pissing off one ignorant commie.

Why have you uninstalled in the first place? In genuinely interested because you are someone who liked the game so much he donated $1000
IGN: Iworkeout
"
cutt wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:

Why have you uninstalled in the first place? In genuinely interested because you are someone who liked the game so much he donated $1000

Maybe because he played too much?

I haven't been playing Path of Exile for the last month, yet as soon as the OB Supporter Packs were announced I bought an Exalted Pack + a Regal Pack.
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
"
cutt wrote:

"Liked so much that he donated $1000" is relative, and in this context the term "donated" is subective. I paid $1k for a game I'd probably spent several hundred hours playing by the time I upgraded to Diamond. To me it's simple ethics, I don't expect people to provide me with hundreds/thousands of hours of quality entertainment for free. The amount I'd have to like something to think it's worth $1k might be different from how much you'd have to like it to do the same thing. It doesn't just purely depend on how much we like it.

I'd also like to point out that there are a lot of people who really love the game and who (relative to their personal finances) spent more to get "lower" level supporter packs. There is no reason to think they love the game any less than me, they just might not be in the same point in their financial lives as I am.

Top 7 reasons for the uninstall:

1. I OD'd on PoE. I played it solidly for months, my girlfriend (of over six years) nearly left me over it, my staff saw me playing it a lot despite the fact that I've fired people for playing games at work before, and I started taking it seriously enough that I got genuinely upset when my last HC char died before my ragequit. I'm a grown man, if I'm getting upset about a game, it's time to give it a break.

2. Internet here is crap, and at the time there were a lot of server side issues too. The combination eventually frustrated me to a point where I couldn't deal with it anymore. I'm hoping the situation with that might be better.

3. The actual moment of uninstall was a ragequit after one of my HC chars died to an enemy that wasn't even on the screen, the last of several similar deaths I'd had. I'd just spent a crapload of high end orbs crafting one of the best chests, gloves, and helms on the server (at the time) and I simply couldn't deal with it.

4. I was pissed off with a specific technical issue with the game that wasn't being addressed, or was imo being addressed incorrectly and had a hissy fit over it, which you'll find I do from time to time.

5. The big RMT boom that happened after OB started kind of ruined a lot of the fun for me. The reason I found TL2 boring was that I knew I could cheat at any time. PoE was different for a while. The only shortcuts were the bugs we were there to find :) Alpha was a lot of fun in the lead up to A3 being released, but then everyone left as soon as OB launched and it got really lonely.

6. I ended my boycott of Steam for reasons that could probably take up an entire thread of their own, though I might reinstate the boycott now that Sony has confirmed that the PS4 won't rape me with it's DRM stick on a daily basis if I switch to console gaming.

7. Fishing got nerfed, it messed up my build. I'm hoping it'll get another boost when my unique rod is finished.

Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jun 11, 2013, 9:35:31 AM
"
Yerond wrote:
nah. charan is just that rich, he also bought several diamond packs

Yeah, one story i heard was that he wipes his arse (ass?) with $100 bills.

This is my Forum Signature.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info