When charcater wipes stop

"
rRevenge wrote:
I'm new here, I just found out about this weekend from the forums of another game I've been playing.
I'd REALLY like to drop other games and focus on this after playing but I have a hard time investing time if everything will just be wiped when it goes to OPEN beta.
I understand that's usually how it goes with beta and the $$ is not an issue.
Any chance the offer for CLOSED beta supporters could be UPPED? Maybe some sort of item or skill carry over?
I would gladly leave the other games I play and buy all into this! not only that it would be much easier to get my friends to do the same.

Typically in RPGs without full respec, your first character is a wash as you learn the mechanics & customizations in the game. By playing in the closed beta, you'll be able to learn all you need to know and be able to immediately jump into your first 'real' character when open beta hits.

Your character's experience points might be wiped, but your own experience won't.
I understand the concern about any sort of carry over but I know for me my interest is here now.. knowing nothing will carry even though I love the game I'm going to WAIT to get invested and most honest thing I can say is that whenever that is who knows how long I might be hooked into other things or just not care in 3-6-9? months?
I really think while the attention is here this should REALLY be reconsidered and I don't believe I know better or even would bother to get on here and post if I didn't see the major detractor from this game sweeping a community and pool of supporters at the best chance and time ever.
What if people have some gear or get to at least keep their level? I don't think that is crazy, they should keep something if they have been invested supporting and playing for MONTHS to a year who knows, I don't see it as paying for an advantage and trust me I know all about that. You still have to put in the work.
They have a legacy league where old characters go...maybe they'll have a beta legacy league so people can enjoy their characters still after open beta. You'd still want to play the newest patch though for the new items and people.

If you played diablo2 ladder, treat it as a ladder reset. You'll be making a new char on a new "ladder" anyway.
I want to support a game like this even if I wish this system in place was different...but watch my banner change. Going to show my support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info