When charcater wipes stop

Was curious as to when the wiping of characters will stop? Id hate to buy a key after the open beta and work on a char that will be wiped clean. Really enjoying the game btw. Exceeded my expectations by far and wide.
They will do a final wipe just before open beta starts. Everything after that will be kept. Also the open beta will be free. You only have to buy a key if you want to get in the closed beta.
"
beastxjason wrote:
Was curious as to when the wiping of characters will stop? Id hate to buy a key after the open beta and work on a char that will be wiped clean. Really enjoying the game btw. Exceeded my expectations by far and wide.

Right before Open Beta begins, all characters will be wiped. I agree with this: it wouldn't be fair to give the beta testers a head start.

Just re-adjust your thought process a bit: start several different characters, different play style, skills, etc.. Learn how the game mechanics work, and watch how the various changes that are implemented affect your characters. This beta testing thing is a hoot, believe me; and if you can scratch together enough to get a Kiwi pack, know that those adorable little cyber-birds will NOT be available after Open Beta starts.

It will be sad to bid farewell to my characters, but I'm confident that I'll be able to rebuild them in no time, and my experience as a beta tester will lessen the inevitable missteps that come with a game this diverse.

GGG has shown itself to be an exemplary group, and I'd wholeheartedly recommend supporting them if you can spare the $$$. You get your money back in the form of marketplace $$$, so that coin will be there if you want to invest in some swag for your character or some non-competitive extras.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
I'm new here, I just found out about this weekend from the forums of another game I've been playing.
I'd REALLY like to drop other games and focus on this after playing but I have a hard time investing time if everything will just be wiped when it goes to OPEN beta.
I understand that's usually how it goes with beta and the $$ is not an issue.
Any chance the offer for CLOSED beta supporters could be UPPED? Maybe some sort of item or skill carry over?
I would gladly leave the other games I play and buy all into this! not only that it would be much easier to get my friends to do the same.
Ok do we have an estimate when open starts? I have no problem giving them my money. I will buy the extra char slots and stash etc day 1 I just dont want to spend the money and then get wiped. Im happy they are wiping the game. My only concerns before in buying a key was can I run it at 1920x1080 perfectly fine and will I like it. Those 2 have been answered with a hell yes. Im enjoying it deeply. Im just not a fan of hardcore type play etc where ya lose your char hence the waiting to jump in etc. Thanks guys
"
OldeSchool wrote:
"
beastxjason wrote:

Right before Open Beta begins, all characters will be wiped. I agree with this: it wouldn't be fair to give the beta testers a head start.

Just re-adjust your thought process a bit: start several different characters, different play style, skills, etc.. Learn how the game mechanics work, and watch how the various changes that are implemented affect your characters. This beta testing thing is a hoot, believe me; and if you can scratch together enough to get a Kiwi pack, know that those adorable little cyber-birds will NOT be available after Open Beta starts.

It will be sad to bid farewell to my characters, but I'm confident that I'll be able to rebuild them in no time, and my experience as a beta tester will lessen the inevitable missteps that come with a game this diverse.

GGG has shown itself to be an exemplary group, and I'd wholeheartedly recommend supporting them if you can spare the $$$. You get your money back in the form of marketplace $$$, so that coin will be there if you want to invest in some swag for your character or some non-competitive extras.

Yeah $10 is a big deal to me. Im a single father and my son is starting High School so even though Im getting something to treat my self Im not in the habit of it etc. Im glad your a supporter. These guys deserve it btw Thanks
"
beastxjason wrote:
Ok do we have an estimate when open starts? I have no problem giving them my money. I will buy the extra char slots and stash etc day 1 I just dont want to spend the money and then get wiped. Im happy they are wiping the game. My only concerns before in buying a key was can I run it at 1920x1080 perfectly fine and will I like it. Those 2 have been answered with a hell yes. Im enjoying it deeply. Im just not a fan of hardcore type play etc where ya lose your char hence the waiting to jump in etc. Thanks guys

Last I heard they said sometime in August but that may change. I'd say late August at the earliest but what do I know?

Also, you START with 24 character slots so just buy lots of stash tabs. :)
"
Stangery wrote:

Last I heard they said sometime in August but that may change. I'd say late August at the earliest but what do I know?

Also, you START with 24 character slots so just buy lots of stash tabs. :)

It was planned to be in August, but it got delayed since the 9.11 patch took longer than they thought.

Currently, there is no ETA for Open Beta.
24 chars wow lol Ok thanks. August sounds great. Hope they can pull it off by then. Looking forward to it for sure
"
rRevenge wrote:
I'm new here, I just found out about this weekend from the forums of another game I've been playing.
I'd REALLY like to drop other games and focus on this after playing but I have a hard time investing time if everything will just be wiped when it goes to OPEN beta.
I understand that's usually how it goes with beta and the $$ is not an issue.
Any chance the offer for CLOSED beta supporters could be UPPED? Maybe some sort of item or skill carry over?
I would gladly leave the other games I play and buy all into this! not only that it would be much easier to get my friends to do the same.

GGG has maintained a staunch stance that PoE will not be pay-to-win in ANY form. Allowing beta testers to carry over stuff would amount to a competitive advantage, so I'd say the chances are somewhere between zero and zilch. Keep in mind that whatever you spend in Supporter $$$ is converted into currency for the microtransaction market, where you can buy various non-competitive enhancements for your character.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info