Cooldowns

Forgive me if this has already been discussed.

I finally got around to playing my witch again and noticed that my coldsnap now has a cd on it. I'm sure there are countless good reasons for this but i gotta say, I really cant stand cd's. Enough in fact that I probably will just shelf the witch and play something else. I guess coldsnap was being abused somehow and the cd is the result. Honestly, can't we have a different solution? Higher mana cost? Diminishing returns? Perhaps a target already hit by coldsnap not being affected by a second hit?

Anyways, ty for your time and any feedback is welcomed.

GGG has said it intends to use cooldowns sparingly. Cold Snap was given a CD so it could be buffed back up to where it used to be. If you look at old beta videos of witches, you'll notice they were ridiculous with the spell, so it needed heavy nerfing.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
GGG posted somewhere that they intended coldsnap to be a more of a support skill than a primary damage source.

I don't like it with a cooldown though and have stopped using it. There are better pure support skills imho even if they don't have a damage component and I couldn't justify the skill slot for it.
I wasn't aware of the coldsnap abuse. I tended to use it as an opener on groups to get the slow effect and possibly frozen, followed by firestorm or what not. The problem I have is without perfect mob placement the skill is near useless for me.
I wonder if instead of just putting cooldowns on skills they could put a charge system like traps in for them and for every cast after lets say 3 charges you incur the cooldown until you let it accumulate charges again.
"
Stangery wrote:
I wonder if instead of just putting cooldowns on skills they could put a charge system like traps in for them and for every cast after lets say 3 charges you incur the cooldown until you let it accumulate charges again.

Now that I could live with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info