Has anyone actually donated $1000?

He's getting close, yes.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
XvXReaperXvX wrote:
1 diamond... 2 diamond.. 3 diamond... hmmm maybe 4?

Just WOW! You are aiming for your own item set? :-D
"
NightElfik wrote:
"
XvXReaperXvX wrote:
1 diamond... 2 diamond.. 3 diamond... hmmm maybe 4?

Just WOW! You are aiming for your own item set? :-D

This is what they should offer for $5000... an entire item set.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I'll be upgrading to diamond as soon as I can. The perks are really nice, but I wanted to reward the developers because I am 100% on board with their approach to an online gaming community. Plus, who doesn't love New Zealand?

*Edit*

I see people amazed that some have donated more than $1000. Believe me if I could afford it, I would donate $10,000. For me and several others, there's no price tag too large for quality personal entertainment.
Last edited by Tynie on Sep 3, 2012, 4:20:49 PM
I'm still not comfortable with the term 'donation'. When I tell non-gamer friends and family, I definitely don't say 'so, hey, I donated a grand to this company.'

This might seem like semantics but it's a very important distinction. What transpired was a purchase, not a donation, and I approach purchases with entirely a different mindset and set of expectations than I do a donation.

This is my favourite threat to Grinding Gear Games. After all, while I've explicitly purchased quite a chunk of the cash store currency, what I've implicitly purchased is them having to concoct enough interesting things for me to spend said virtual currency on.

By this point in the equation, it's fairly clear what has happened bears absolutely no resemblance to a donation at all. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Anyone curious about the Path of Exile pricing beta structure should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBMM5phO8ec&feature=player_detailpage#t=226s

It basically identifies in a bit a few minutes after where I have linked that why $1000 isn't nuts, and why the next price is $250.

"
DevilJade wrote:
"
Motivation wrote:
AMA REQUEST:Diamond Supporter :)

seriously tho, I could see donating 1000.00 as a company start up with some kind of profit sharing incentive but just for a forum title, an ugly pet, and a tshirt? youre not very fiscal, even if you have 1000.00 to blow.

It's not really about the perks, for me at least. Although, you missed the unique item and forum avatar perks. You also get the full value of what you pay in credits for the store when it launches.

The main reason I did it was because I wanted to support the game and the developers.

Oh how I wish I could support Grinding Gear more :P
"
Charan wrote:
I'm still not comfortable with the term 'donation'. When I tell non-gamer friends and family, I definitely don't say 'so, hey, I donated a grand to this company.'

Obviously, donations is a means of giving without anything in return. However, donation is a form of support, so when donation and support are mixed around, it is easier to say donation to make us feel better. Many would say both words mean the same thing, but technically we know donation do not ask for anything in return.

In the end, it can be a form of laziness to say donation instead of support, or lack the knowledge to know the difference, or other culture treats donation differently.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Meet your latest diamond supporter :) --------->
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
I'd like to go Diamond... but that's 1k that could be spent on a better desktop/laptop.

I do plan on going gold eventually as this game has a lot of potential to grow and maintain longevity.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info