Has anyone actually donated $1000?

"
gungrave9009 wrote:
"
DevilJade wrote:
"
Motivation wrote:
AMA REQUEST:Diamond Supporter :)

seriously tho, I could see donating 1000.00 as a company start up with some kind of profit sharing incentive but just for a forum title, an ugly pet, and a tshirt? youre not very fiscal, even if you have 1000.00 to blow.

It's not really about the perks, for me at least. Although, you missed the unique item and forum avatar perks. You also get the full value of what you pay in credits for the store when it launches.

The main reason I did it was because I wanted to support the game and the developers.

If you don't mind me asking did you just donate the $1000 out of pocket?

I was just kinda curious how many people would/had donate the $1000 and if it's their own personal money used for donating or if it's from a company/foundation.

I paid out of pocket. I'm not rolling in money or anything, I am 24 and have a full time job, thats about it haha. But I make enough that I have a fair amount of disposable income.

I've spent alot of money on League of Legends... though I do not know the exact amount. I've gone to Blizzcon twice (which after tickets and hotels is a rather large investiment.)

For PoE, it was a few things that drove me to spending that much. I played D2 for 7 years and had been waiting for D3 with so much anticipation... and then I played it and was really let down. I knew exactly WHY it let me down, the items and the complexity.

After all the chaos on the D3 forums, etc. I found myself here and was so shocked at how the game was EXACTLY what I wanted, and the amount the developers engaged with the community was amazing.

It became a "They deserve it" kind of feeling for me, and I wanted to be a part of it. It's very rewarding. Much more rewarding that what I probably would have spent that money on if I did what I normall do (like upgrade my computer or get a new paint job on my motorcycle, or just buy some new gadget.)

That's why last night and this morning I sat in A1 normal on my witch and just answered questions in global chat and gave items away for several hours. That kind of engagement is what I enjoy most.
Last edited by DevilJade on Jul 28, 2012, 11:59:53 AM
This game has all the potential to blow D3 out of the water. With continued support from the fans and gracious donators like you plus amazing devs behind everything, this game is showing real promise.

Oh, it also sounds like your doing VERY well for only being 24 lol :D
Just 1 / 4 of it :) still i think every support pack is adding to the general game

So thumbs up to all supporters
If you wish for a key? pray to the allmighty Keysus. If you want a speedy Blessing? Donate to the church of Keysus and ye shall receive a Blessing.

*Disclaimer- This is now a vintage saying*
"
DevilJade wrote:

That's why last night and this morning I sat in A1 normal on my witch and just answered questions in global chat and gave items away for several hours. That kind of engagement is what I enjoy most.

Yep was logged in for 2.5 hours and only answered questions :D

trust me its a fulltime job :)
If you wish for a key? pray to the allmighty Keysus. If you want a speedy Blessing? Donate to the church of Keysus and ye shall receive a Blessing.

I don't suppose any of you would have an extra key left? Just asking because I'm seeing a few gold members.

I can hope right? :P
"
gungrave9009 wrote:
I don't suppose any of you would have an extra key left? Just asking because I'm seeing a few gold members.

I can hope right? :P

You're already flagged as a beta member, so either someone already helped or you're there anyway :)
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
I actually got a key from some nice guy in kungen's stream chat about 5 minutes after I posted my last message on here lol.
"
gungrave9009 wrote:
I actually got a key from some nice guy in kungen's stream chat about 5 minutes after I posted my last message on here lol.

I believe that is commonly known as a result :)

Enjoy.
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
Not to be a beggar, but would any of you fine gentlemen have an extra key lying around? Very much enjoying this game and would love to continue helping through the beta until launch. I am a brand new player and refugee from D3.
"
Irie wrote:
Not to be a beggar, but would any of you fine gentlemen have an extra key lying around? Very much enjoying this game and would love to continue helping through the beta until launch. I am a brand new player and refugee from D3.

If your sooo eager to help Why not buy the 10 dollar Support pack? in that way youll be very supportive

i mean its 10 $ cant even buy a pizza here for that money :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info