Clientdownloadspeed sucks during stress test

Does PoE has a torrent file instead of using the original downloader client? My net speed isn't too fast and sometimes disconnected, and if I'm not mistaken, the original downloader client doesn't support a Resume feature...
The updater will resume if you disconnect, but it will resume at 0% of what is remaining.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Even with the public stress test, I'm still patching at around 3.5MB/sec, which is what I always get.

I get the same speeds, and my roommate downloaded the entire game in 20 minutes last night. Maybe the servers are extra stressed right now, but it's normally really fast.
"
mistermeister wrote:
I donate (for beta key) Now downloading the cleint but my average speed is about 100kb/sec... The beta wil be over till i loadet it completley down :(

its gotta be your internet connection cause I was downloading at an avg. of 3.5mbs but i'm also at 798% downloaded
Last edited by Rhykno on Jul 28, 2012, 6:34:48 PM
Luckily for me i have been watching this site for some time and downloaded the client when the faq was posted. It was extremely quick (as fast as my isp anyways) so the stress test is the issue. You might want to change title to "Download of client is slow during stress test" :)
Considering how fast I DL and patch at any given time, and I'm in Australia, I have to agree -- the topic title was misleading. Edited.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Thanks for the confirmation WhiteBoy88..
Although I won't make it in time to finish the download ;'(
I have a betakey, will my charakter also be reseted after open beta?
"
mistermeister wrote:
I have a betakey, will my charakter also be reseted after open beta?

Your character won't be touched after this weekend, but in 1 or 2 months when the Closed beta finishes all our character will get wiped.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
The downloader is cool. Normally I got 50kb/s (living in a village).
But as I pre-downloaded this thursday to friday night, the download speed was sometimes jumping to 250kb/s, wich gives me the 4 GB in 12 instead of 48 hours. =)
I love to use the edit button. :P

Greetings from Germany.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info