Downloader stuck on 156.65 MB

Hi I am trying to download the game but since this morning i have bee struggling to download. The downloader downloads and then suddenly looses progress. eg. It will download say 8 MB of 156 MB and then suddenly backtrack to 4 MB. It differs when it backtracks and by how much but I can't get past 156.65 MB.

This sucks and I am not the only one with the problem a friend of mine has the exact same problem.

"
pels69 wrote:
Hi I am trying to download the game but since this morning i have bee struggling to download. The downloader downloads and then suddenly looses progress. eg. It will download say 8 MB of 156 MB and then suddenly backtrack to 4 MB. It differs when it backtracks and by how much but I can't get past 156.65 MB.

This sucks and I am not the only one with the problem a friend of mine has the exact same problem.

This happened to me when I initially downloaded the program. I simply removed EVERYTHING PoE related on my computer, and then re-installed. When testing WoW betas in the past, this has worked for me. Usually it was a file that downloaded incorrectly and simply needed replacing.
This is also a problem that Riot faces (League of Legends) when patching. Sometimes the program is in-fact installing; however, it fails to show the progress properly.
The problem is I live in South Africa with pathetic broadband speed, I have been downloading from Wednesday to try the open beta If I restart downloading I will miss the weekend and there will be no point. Thanks for the info tho
"
pels69 wrote:
The problem is I live in South Africa with pathetic broadband speed, I have been downloading from Wednesday to try the open beta If I restart downloading I will miss the weekend and there will be no point. Thanks for the info tho

I'm sorry. I'm currently at home from college and my IP here has terrible download rates as well. Honestly, I wish I could help you further; however, I haven't delved into the internal files of this game so my "help" could turn into a more sizable problem. =(
"
pels69 wrote:

Wondering if you got this issue resolved? Are you able to play it yet?
I'm having the same problem except mine is stuck at 1.89MB.
3 Days of trying to download 5Gig worth of data only to be halted by a couple of MB of data.
Not a positive start so far. (or should i say IF i get started)
This happens to me with just about every patch I download. I live in SA too so I'm thinking it may be something peculiar to our network/server caches. I don't have a solution for you unfortunately. I just leave it to do its thing and eventually it stops backtracking and completes. It does mean that each patch takes about 5x longer to download than it should though and is extremely frustrating to see hundreds of megabytes literally disappear in front of your eyes sometimes.

Edit: Gah! Bamboozled by the necro. >.<
Last edited by f4sak3n on Jan 6, 2015, 5:33:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info