Groundslam Marauder - Patch 0.11.0b (HELP)

First of I just love to play my GSM!

But currently I can't really progress in the game because I feel that my build I currently have is terrible and really need some advise from the more experienced player.

I am currently using the following build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswYOCfYOPA_MFCAUTRRxGS4aOBznIPAlrSftLdI6UjrYO4w8BUE_ROdQR1BQUeZUSVYEVw1YPVhjWfNfP2FSY_1qHmo7cql253y7fNmBK4M4hmCIj4zPjvSQVZHOlIecJ57Fns2fPp_Ln9-gnaIApmSnMKeEqBipaKyqtC-53bvtwBrFisbYyZjSIdlh3sHfst-_5K3nUuw47hTvDu988B_yL_Nx8932SPcy974=

I really thought the added fire dmg would help combined with anger but I currently feel it was a waste and could better of used it in either life or more physical dmg.

With the new patch I am quite puzzeled at how much I should spec in armor/life and physical dmg.. enough to do good dmg and stay alive!

I have come up with a build but really need some confirmation if it's good or if it might need some changes!

New build (maybe):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEsw48D8wUIBRNGJEZLhnpHOcg8CE0JIsn7TboOlI7OzuMPAVBP0NjROdN2FBHUFBR5lRJVw1YPVhjWPVZ818_YMRmnmoeajtxTXKpd2J8u3zZgSuBb4M4g7GEY4iPjHaMz470kFWUh5rPncSePJ7Fns2f36IApmSnMKgYqWisqrQvtzG53cAaxPbG2MmY0iHZYd7B37Lfv-St5PHnUu8O73zwH_Iv8932SPcy974=

There are some things I am concerned about:

1. Don't have Iron Reflexes
2. Using Blood Magic (Can't use Aura's)

Hopefully someone can help me along with this build, already sniped the pathofexile forums and exilepro but no results yet except for some people asking the same questions.

Kind regards,

the gsm lover! ;p
Last edited by TJEmvp on Jun 7, 2013, 1:14:00 PM
I really suggest going for Iron Reflexes, it is a truly great skill which means you can use any armour and it will tank.
Also only go for Blood Magic if you have plenty of health regen nodes, likes trolls blood and stuff, otherwise it strains your tanking. However with high regen and this skill you can GS like no tomorrow.
Aren't all those DMG nodes a bit overkill? I mean you collect some up that dont even lead to any skills, which I dont recommend, like the ones branched off from the strength node next to Blood Magic.
Well, hard to make much comment as you don't detail your gem setup.

But I'll be posting a guide at some stage about my GS build. This build is based purely off mana (6L), and does not need a mana leech gem. It runs a 6L GS with in excess of 12k DPS, closer to 15k when I adjust a few things.

The key elements of it are:
- Mana based
- Blood Rage

Petrov.
Thanks for the replies, for my build I'll just post what I currently use.

Spoiler
note: In harder areas I use life leech instead of multistrike

I know I got really bad items, just don't have any luck in finding good stuff. :/

Last edited by TJEmvp on Jun 6, 2013, 1:14:37 PM
I was gonna create a thread but since there's this one already I'll post it here.

Before the patch, I was using this as level 81: http://goo.gl/BYXtQ

I still haven't used the full refund because I don't wanna rush it and I do want to be able to play until I decide what to do. I grind in Lunaris 3 and I didn't notice any differences in terms of surviving. I did notice that my damage increased a bit (used a blessed orb on my rustic sash going from 3% to 20%).

I would have ended up with something like this on lvl 89: http://goo.gl/j0s8r and by 91 I would get those 2 life nodes in the top.

Now a few things changed and I need to know if some things are worth getting now and others if they are still worth taking. I've leveled up once already so I have 1 point that I can't use before using the reset.

Right now I use Ground Slam with Faster Attacks, Melee Physical Damage and Life Leech and Heavy Strike with the same support gems. I don't have a 5L yet. I use Grace and Anger as my auras. I use Bear Trap, Temporal Chains and Warlord's Mark. Right now I need at least 60 Int for my level 17 Temporal Chains and 140 Dex for my level 17 Grace. From item I currently get 20 Int and 68 Dex, all from Rings and Amulets. And at max level skill I'll need 153 Dex and 66 Int.

Other gems I might use in the future that require higher of those stats: Enfeeble, Faster Casting, Wrath, Vulnerability, Increased Area of Effect and Concentrated Effect. Some of those, specially Wrath and Vulnerability I probably can't get to max anyway, unless I delve too much into Int nodes.

I think it's safe to assume I want all these nodes: http://goo.gl/Hygwm
Maybe the Life Leech is not worth it but I think the everything else I have to take (I might want to take out Blood Magic when I get a 6L and use the gem so I can use the percentage auras but that's still very far away). The Endurance Charges were nerfed but they're still serving me very well. Without any I would probably die easily in Lunaris 3 (I get close to sometimes when I let them run out) and when I have the full 7 very rarely I get into close to dieing situations.

After this I have 17 points to use and I'll need a plan for 8 more points since level 90 seems like a realistic goal.

I'll start with specific questions. Is this group of nodes good? How does it work with IR?

Should I still get these life nodes? And if I do should I get the 30 Int to help with the Int requirements?

Should I spend 3 points on the red ones, instead of 2 points on the blue ones? My guess is that I should since I would certainly spend 1 point to get 24% increased physical damage with maces and this is basically that except I lose 10 Str.

Is Inner Force still worth it? My guess is that right now it isn't. Just improving the flasks, Grace and Anger 18% instead of 30% is much weaker than before. With some percentage auras it might be. So if Inner Force is not worth it anymore, should I still go down the Int path? What for? Maybe I should just get to 66 Int to be able to use max level Temporal Chains and forget about the other Skills or use them at lower levels.

What other Physical Damage nodes should I take, if any? Same for armour nodes. Anything else I should be taking?

This isn't something to be discussed in a few hours, it's meant to last while people still try everything. I'll be playing in Anachy when it starts so I'm not in a hurry to reset my points. I can wait until after the 4 months. But I'd like to get this discussion started. Thanks.
Last edited by Guilhao on Jun 6, 2013, 1:22:30 PM
@TJEmvp

I would suggest using a build like this if you're going physical damage with your GS Marauder:

@Guilhao

Forget the Cloth&Chain node. It will cost you 6 points and give you 64% increased armor. Holy Resolve gives you +50% increased armor for just 3 points. Yes, you can go for these life nodes near the Duelist area and grab that Int node too. Btw, there are two other Int nodes you have missed. One near Elemental Adaption (which you should drop) and another one near Blood Magic. And there are also two Dex nodes near those two Int nodes. And yes, you can take those two +12% physical damage nodes. Who cares about 10 strength when you get +24% physical damage for that?

"
Malkor1 wrote:
@Guilhao

Forget the Cloth&Chain node. It will cost you 6 points and give you 64% increased armor. Holy Resolve gives you +50% increased armor for just 3 points. Yes, you can go for these life nodes near the Duelist area and grab that Int node too. Btw, there are two other Int nodes you have missed. One near Elemental Adaption (which you should drop) and another one near Blood Magic. And there are also two Dex nodes near those two Int nodes. And yes, you can take those two +12% physical damage nodes. Who cares about 10 strength when you get +24% physical damage for that?

So the Cloth and Chain group only boosts armour by 64%? Doesn't it boost the evasion as well before it is converted to armour? If it's only 64% it isn't worth it for sure but I'd like to hear more people on this.

I disagree on Elemental Adaptation. Sure, it's not insane like it used to be and not worth going out of your way to get it, but it's certainly worth 1 point!

So by getting those Life nodes I also get the +30 Int for 1 point. However the other +30 Int nodes require 2 or 3 points to get. In that case I better go up in the Int part to be able to reach other nodes. And after getting those 3 more Dex nodes I don't need to take Dex just for the sake of it. Those 30 Int give me enough to be able to use the skills I use currently.

That leaves me with this and 5 points left as well as around 8 more until level 90: http://goo.gl/ZekCq

Where should I use them? The 3 melee damage nodes + butchery at the beginning of the tree?

The 3 armour nodes also at the beginning of the tree?

The Bonebreaker and the 4 nodes of 6% increased physical damage + 4% reduced stun threshold (as well as 1 str node)? This 20% reduced enemy stun threshold could either be insane or not very good, I have no idea which one it is. This path certainly adds less damage than other damage nodes but if it actually makes a big difference in stunning enemies it could be worth it.

The 2 Area of effect radius nodes? I obviously have Amplify which helps significantly Ground Slam, but are these 2 smaller nodes worth it?
Cloth&Chain increases your armor or your evasion but not both. The bonus is only applied once, not twice. The problem with your remaining points can easily be solved: Go for Butchery or the area effect nodes or both. Or you can take those armor nodes if you think you need more armor. The Bonebreaker node might be worth it but i'm not sure on that one. Since the monsters now have less life than before, it's easier to stun them.
Thanks for the replies once again!

Still reading and trying to make my decision, but everyone thanks for the feedback until now.
Nice topic I'd like to see some more builds for my marauder! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info