armor % and fusing

"
Hornet85 wrote:
"
Biovital wrote:
So basically crafting is still fail in this game.

The only fail I see is the complainer's lack of mathematics literacy. Some people do not have basic comprehension of how probability works.

Yes RNG is RNG, but when there's an actual probability you could use 90000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 fusings and never get all the sockets linked, it's fail.
"
cavespro wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/380212/filter-account-type/staff

the chances are the same as they use to be with 20%, better than using it on a zero quality item, read the ggg comments in there

I think you have a hard time expressing your thoughts on paper. I don't mean that offensively - really.
"
Hornet85 wrote:
"
Biovital wrote:
So basically crafting is still fail in this game.

The only fail I see is the complainer's lack of mathematics literacy. Some people do not have basic comprehension of how probability works.
Lots of people know how probability works. They just wish the chance were higher.
"
xodrul wrote:
"
Madhibiki wrote:

(yea i may sound a lil parano, but nowaday, i dont have faith anymore in what "they" are telling "us" (especially after D3 experience and RNG manipulating)

If your D3 video game experience made you more "parano" about what you hear .. don't ever listen to a politician, read a Senate bill or any part of the United States code. I'm just sayin'..

But on topic, I suppose they at least created a sink for all these armorer scraps and whetstones.

Oh bro, a long time im already parano on this point, you can't imagine !?
I'm a curious guy and i sadly know how things are going in politic :(
Especially in my country ... Nothing glorious here, nothing at all -_-

So, now maybe there is something i didn't understood but here is what Chris said at the begenning, when this feature was announced :

"This of course has the side effect that it makes it easier to six-link a white item than a rare/unique item, but that's intentional. Currently, it's far easier to fix the sockets on an item after getting close-to-perfect mods than it is to take an item with six linked sockets and then roll close-to-perfect mods on it. Both are meant to be extremely challenging long-term goals, but this recipe would only make the sockets game a little easier, as well as providing a greater sink for quality currency items."

Hmm where am i wrong ?

thats a shame. i was really hoping that it would increase it by a noticeable amount. i mean honestly if the crafting in a game is so horribly busted, that the player base feels its better to save your crafting materials to use as currency to buy the stuff you want through trade instead of crafting the stuff you want yourself. then thats broken.
"
Qiox wrote:
If getting a 6L before was about a 1 in 1500 chance, what kind of improvement can we expect now? Double your chance when trying on a 20% quality item and that's still 1 in 750 and requires you spending about 3000 armor scraps!

For a white item.
Try 15000 scraps to make a unique 20% between each fusing attempt (assuming the 750 fusings you mentioned earlier).
"
"
Qiox wrote:
If getting a 6L before was about a 1 in 1500 chance, what kind of improvement can we expect now? Double your chance when trying on a 20% quality item and that's still 1 in 750 and requires you spending about 3000 armor scraps!

For a white item.
Try 15000 scraps to make a unique 20% between each fusing attempt (assuming the 750 fusings you mentioned earlier).

But again, keep in mind that my 750 fusing number comes from a hypothetical assumption of a doubled success chance.

We don't actually know how much our chances are improved on a 20% quality item.
"
Biovital wrote:
Yes RNG is RNG, but when there's an actual probability you could use 90000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 fusings and never get all the sockets linked, it's fail.

You don't seem to grasp the concepts being discussed here.

Random means random. A 1% chance is still 1% each time, even if repeated a million times. Previous success/failure has no bearing or relevance.
If 90000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 fusings were guaranteed to link, then it wouldn't be random at all.

An item with 6 sockets and 500 fusings already sunk into it has the same chance of 6 linking as a 6 socket item that hasn't had any used.

At a fundamental level, you miss the point.
"
Qiox wrote:
But again, keep in mind that my 750 fusing number comes from a hypothetical assumption of a doubled success chance.

We don't actually know how much our chances are improved on a 20% quality item.

Not my point at all.
The actual number of fusings it takes is a variable, I have no issue with hypothetical numbers.
I was talking quantities of scraps, not debating a hidden value that none of us know.
My two cents to the discussion - I'm all for randomness and rarity - it's just that I think there shouldn't be that much, if any, randomness in choices player makes when he decides how to play a game.

I really like D3s new system, where you are allowed to play what you want.
I don't really understand why every player shouldn't be allowed to play what he wants, the way he wants.

Let him get his 6 link with first fuse.
Harm? Players gets to experiment, have fun playing it and noone gets hurt.

Why wouldn't you let players play what they want?

There are so many elements with randomness in game, that I doubt it will suffer from that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info