Two Handed Sword Cleave Marauder

I want some opinions on a Build I'm planning.

Here's the Passive Tree:

I'm gonna use a two handed sword and my main attack will be Cleave, I plan to socket it with Physical DMG and LoH/Leech.

I'll be wearing full Strength Plate gear and other skills will be Heavy Strike for single-target and Leap Slam to get in and out of fights.

I'm not sure what other relevant info I Can give, but I'd really appreciate any advice/input on this build.

Thanks.
Pelerin of Wraeclast
You really should consider getting resolute technique and iron reflexes plus unwavering stance. Because you're getting hit so much you need something to prevent you from getting stunned. I wouldnt dump so many points into resistances.
Iron reflexes with determination and grace will boost your armor significantly so I'd skip Blood Magic. Also because you will be a physical melee damager consider using hatred which will add 30% of your physical damage as cold.

Heres my build, two hander using heave strike, cleave, sweep (love this ability) and leap slam.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwFLQ6tGNsZLhv6IWAkiyXfJ-0otSkuKaUyCTrhPC09Dz38QKBDnEd-TeNQUFRJWGNfP2BLYIhhIWFSZU1uaXKpdO108XgNerh673uMfLh8u3zZhNmE74jxjM-ePJ65n8ukGaZXqW6rxaxZrKquk7Xytz653b6KvqfEuMT2xq7G2NSP1fji6udS52PvDu9O8i_yRfPd9kj-Cv6P

If you can find a ring/armor with % of damage converted to mana you wont even need to use mana potions as long as you dont use too many support gems with each ability.
From your three you've taken way too many offensives passives.

My advice is for the current build, everything might change with patch 0.11 but you still need some more life, with a good weapon you wont need tto invest that much into damage nodes but I'd pick as much attack speed as possible, helping the bandit which gives you attack speed in cruel difficulty, mana for normal difficulty.
Last edited by Acer99 on Jun 5, 2013, 5:00:59 AM
I currently run a similar build. My pre-patch build was almost identical to yours but since then I made some adjustments to get more dps out of it in the future while picking up more hp/regen now.

This Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYYz38fLgpLlBQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL3uMIQIq9iFVOQ7cPTH7wQRVtZ7NpzAUIFBHAec26DpS3795aAtheA2-igHcpBkb-iXfhNmplJBsh2phIRLhourvTjIJbmm-p9JNwA9AoAUtYEt673TtIWB08Z65GNtbr90N_MVnoId2Sn06szWGnaq5zWVN

Currently 58 I think with a few more points to spend but the increased attack speed helped offset the loss of direct sword dmg boost nodes. Since the patch my dps pretty much stayed the same but my hp dropped 500 but respeced to get it down to 300. @ 1900hp and about 570dps and can usually 1-2 shot most normal mobs in merciless with Heavy Strike. My tactic is to buff fire shield jump into the middle or the sh!tstorm and start popping endurance charges, maybe drop a healing totem to keep me up in big packs. mostly solo sometimes group and works well unless I come across a unique with crazy dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info