Random FPS spiking?

Hi, whenever I play path of exile I randomly and continuously get FPS spikes that drop my FPS so low its practically unplayable for about 5 seconds at a time, then it returns to normal for a little bit, and then repeats. it makes the game pretty frustrating & unplayable, this only happens with Path of exile and my computer & video card are quite good & up to date, so this issue must be something else.

Can anyone help?
Does it only happen sometimes? I my case it seems that the POE client is thrashing the HD when something loads.

It happens consistently, over and over, maybe every 30 seconds for a few seconds.
This makes the game really unplayable, can anyone help?
pc specs?
i <3 minesweeper
Last edited by Runeword on Jul 27, 2012, 7:01:13 PM
Aye, could you give us exact system specs? That'd help us work out where the problem might be!
Balance & Design
i5 2500k
8G Memory
nvidia GTX580

Windows and Video driver are up to date. After doing to some work with this over the weekend it seems the the client is thrashing the hard drive when I have a problem. Lasts anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes and does not seem to be consistent. I might have an issue in the mud flats one time and not the next.

If I shut down anything I can that does disk access, virus scan, backup, steam, browser, ect. it will help a bit but the client is still doing a major hit to the drive. This is the only game that does this.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info