Enemies deal dmg without attacking

I notice more and more that enemies deal damage by just coming close to me. I am a ranger and I am currently forced to kite A LOT so it is very often that I have just one enemy following me.
Very often does an enemy (no matter the type) deal damage to me without playing an attack animation. All that is happening is the enemy coming close enough. I have died many times from this as well.

My ping is very good, around 20. I suppose that doesn't mean I'm not getting packet loss or something. I won't pretend to know the inner workings of net code.
Does sound like lag if your not in a heavy chaos area or heavy elemental damage area .... if you are then its because your resists need to be raised....

Press F1 and see if indeed you are not lagging out
This is probably sync related - On the server, the monsters are closer to you. It's something we're going to improve, but until then I'd suggest making sure you don't have to run through monsters, as that may cause you to fall behind your position on the client when the server thinks you're stuck.
Balance & Design
I had some "invisible" melee enemys, appearing and diappearing a few times. I just planted a fire-trap and went two steps back and the problem was solved ;)
I also think its lag / sync related. It was the only lag problem i found in wo days of testing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info