Help me not screw up my character with this respec

So my highest level character is my wand Marauder.

I hit a huge speedbump- focused all of my gear and passive skill points on survivability, and that still became a problem, before life nodes just got nerfed.

I'm currently level 52, on the home stretch of Act 3 cruel, and my build is an unplayable joke.

I have 1916 health,
75% fire res,
40% cold res,
42% lightning res,

and I do 114 ST DPS/109 AOE dps.

I have an AOE and ST power siphon as my skills.

I spend three years trying to kill even level enemies, it's bullshit. I'm not even that durable anymore.

This character is in dire need of rescuing. Please tell me what to do.

I want to stick with Power Siphon as my main skill because I hate fighting in melee and it's beastly on my low level Shadows so it must be good. Unless characters/skills get worse as they level up in this game, which would be completely counter intuitive.

Anyways, here's my gear:

And here's my build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMRLRHbE1sUTSSLJScy0TN2PC09D0VHRtdQUFRJVdZYY11JXcZfP2BtYqxk52ebd2J343sHfIN8u331gziEY4zPjr6SOJLBnYChbaIArj61BLaGuJO53cT2xYrGrsbYzfrWnd3z37Dk8edS52PvDvAf8kX2SPou_gr-vw==

Please help me, clever forum people. I really want to make this character decent.

ok, I have no clue about wanders but i can tell you right now your problem is 2-fold

1) your gear is very very bad for your level (no offence meant)

Solution:
step 1) get your hands on 2 prismatic rings to help your resists
step 2) basically ALL of your gear should have at least 50+ life on it
step 3) ignore IIQ and IIR for now
step 4) cap your resists as high as possible (use a kite shield if you have to)

2) your build, where are you going with it?? I see you spent 62 points but what have you gained? some life, some mana, and a bunch of stat points?

solution: focus on getting more of the good nodes and less traveling around uselessly

disclaimer: i don't know a good wander build but you should probably find one on the forums
here's something that would probably be better (at least in survivability)

This build probably is terrible but it is way better than what you've got and it has room to expand into very good nodes that are only a few points away (more life, inner force, crit, and crazy wand damage nodes in witch tree) In addition to that, you've gained some more life, ele damage, armor, 2 more power charges (crit), and block (high block is huge defense)

also, for your main attack power siphon, it's a projectile attack not a spell. And keep in mind that you really want to find a good wand that has TONS of elemental damage on it and use Hatred aura.

the most important things though, are buying a decent wand, getting gear with +life on it, and capping your resistances.

PS: use www.poexplorer.com to search for gear, you can buy most of the items you need for 1-2 chaos each or less if you're lucky.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Jun 4, 2013, 1:47:23 PM
Demi there's a big mistake at your tree.Taking Resolute Technique you ruin
the power charges gained from Power Siphon.

@Septi : There are two possible ways for playing a wand char.
Physical or elemental.Physical build i have seen only witches and shadows.

For elemental you can check Kripp's templar : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/88134
or a very old build posted here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqwdiOdYfkI

You can also use search :
http://www.pathofexile.com/search/results/wand+voll%27s/search-within/forumthreads/forums/23

Elemental needs elemental damage on gear and leveled auras (yours are at level 1)

Don't have a clue about physical but I assume hatred aura and added fire gem ?
To crit or not to crit ?
Thanks guys. I have found gear with better totals but generally with much worse slots- that's usually the situation I find myself in, use older gear with better slots or get screwed over by RNG on better gear and not be able to use my skills anymore until I get the right currency drops in a lucky enough amount.

I was working towards Eldritch Battery in that build initially, so that I could run more auras to add to my damage and stop to pick up life and resistance nodes along the way.

I didn't want to start leveling up auras until I got a bigger mana pool because I didn't want my attack cycle to be flask dependent. Nothing worse for me so far than getting into a boss fight and have my mana flask run out and be unable to attack steadily.

I will check out these builds, thanks for the input.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info