Crit burn marauder

I want to use the 0.11.0 respec to try this out with my level 78 marauder. I've done the math previously, and it seems like by far the most effective option is searing touch fireball dual curse elemental weakness + critical weakness.

With hellbringer (which I dont have yet) I should easily be able to acquire a 35% chance to crit with fireball on enemies inflicted with critical weakness.

With a quality critical damage support and roughly 50% crit multiplier ammy, I can get to 330% increased crit multiplier, meaning 645% crit multiplier on fireball. Quality critical weakness increases this to about 1200% crit multiplier.

Between searing touch and passives, burning damage does 2.5 times normal burning damage.

So from theorycrafting, I get about 10 times normal fireball damage per second on burning enemies. Here is the skill build I used. Thoughts?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEBwSzDjwSaRQgFE0UcRSwFm8XHBfqGS4abB8CJIsk4SftNsU22DlSOjA6UjwFPQ89X0bXTm1QR1BQUlNUSVXGVgRXDVgHWGNYrltZXcZfP2BtYVJmT3F5fLuBSYM4hmCIG4uMjM-OZI9Gkc6XlZf0m6GdgJ2uns2ftJ_Ln9-iAKcIpzCsmLI4tQS2-rndu-28N8T2xYrG2M9l0NDSIdSP2CTZYd-_4XPkIudS7FXtIO8O73zvhfAf8WzyL_Pd9kj3pvfX-0X9zw==

Edit: judging from how massive my crit multiplier would be, it would probably be wise to include an added lightning damage gem for shock stacks. What do you think?
IGN: Iolar
Last edited by BRavich on Jun 3, 2013, 7:01:47 PM
I can't vouch for this but with the respect I was hoping to do a LMP/Fireball marauder as well.
Seems legit. Let us know how it does and liunk the gear you're using too.
IGN: Meowauder
IGN: ThatOneGuyThatllDie
How are you handling the 131% increased life, wich is gonna get nerfed even more in the patch?
IGN: HowToDoADab

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info