0 posts

"
Torcida wrote:
It's without a doubt sad to see the amount of "users" getting keys, when they haven't been online since they made there user and most of them haven't post even once.

But that's the beuty of random pick :)
It will never be fair....but that's life :P

It is a not a matter of fairness...it is a matter of sanity. If one wants to make sure the community is as productive and positive as possible, one should instill that value from the start. But by arbitrarily ignoring those that post in productive ways...that means something more than: "I wants key...please geef me keeeeey!", is counter-productive and doesn't serve to benefit the community at all.

Imagine, all those beta invites sitting in absentee inboxes now or worse, imagine all those shiftless turds who actually crated an account here 5 months ago, forgot about, then got a key one day in the email, downloaded the client, thought the sucked or rocked and then...didn't bother to post their thoughts here. See the point. If someone wasn't keen enough to hang around and post and be part of the community from the start, then they are not as likely to render an opinion on the game either way. The beta is there for the devs to test their hardware and software but also to listen to the folks who have actually played the game. When you ignore those who have expressed a serious interest in the game in favor for those who couldn't bother even posting ONCE since they signed up, after hearing about this site from some Diablo3 or other ARPG related sit, you say something VERY LOUDLY to your target audience..."We don't give a rat's ass what you think."
Sorry Ferinus but forum activity does not equate productiveness once a key is given.

We've all been around long enough to know that just because you post like mad on a forum doesn't mean you'll provide feedback and just because you don't spend a massive amount of time on a forum doesn't mean you won't provide feedback.

And no, hanging out on a forum and debating and theorycrafting about the game does not mean someone deserves a key.

Random is random. That's it. That's what was decided on for now so everyone has to just suck it up and deal.

-Signed, Former 0 Post Account Holder who hasn't gained access to the Beta.
"
Jest wrote:

Again, you negate your point by posting. I am very focused in my criticism. The "random" folks that I see being selected more often are those who signed up for an account months ago and then never came back at all. YOU created your account today and began posting today...save yourself the tongue lashing due you and reread my post...

Of course I acknowledge the possibility that someone may A: make an account, never post, get into the beta, play test it, decide the game rocks or sucks and STILL never post or B: make an account, never post, get into beta, play test it, decide the game rocks or sucks AND makes post after post ranting for or against the level or rockishness of suckassishness they deem the game reaks of.

But I have to again return to my main point:
It is not about "deserving" a key, it is about making the best use of the keys that you do have, the best use of the available server time you have, the best use of the bandwidth you have. All this takes resources and if GGG wants to get any return what-so-ever on their investment, then they have to make better decisions and that starts from day one. How you handle the beta reflects heavily on how you will likely handle future iterations of the game.

Imagine if they took this approach after launch? Could you imagine the chaos that would ensue? This game would be DOOMED to fail.

From a Dev's point of view it may at one time be about the artistry of crafting a superior gaming experience but in the end...nearly all of them fall prey to the Dollar-Eyed-Surprise and allow that greed to allow them to make poor, short-term choices.

I saw it will so many promising games, HellGate: London being the biggest named of these.

Last edited by FerinusDominus on Aug 20, 2011, 2:05:54 PM
"
"
Jest wrote:

Again, you negate your point by posting. I am very focused in my criticism. The "random" folks that I see being selected more often are those who signed up for an account months ago and then never came back at all. YOU created your account today and began posting today...save yourself the tongue lashing due you and reread my post...

Seeing as how my points were that A. Post Count does not equate productivity in feedback and B. that Random is Random.. I didn't negate anything.

I'm hardly "due" for any tongue lashing either. I made my account today because I discovered the game today. And new people becoming exposed to the game is exactly what the Devs want.

"

Of course I acknowledge the possibility that someone may A: make an account, never post, get into the beta, play test it, decide the game rocks or sucks and STILL never post or B: make an account, never post, get into beta, play test it, decide the game rocks or sucks AND makes post after post ranting for or against the level or rockishness of suckassishness they deem the game reaks of.

But I have to again return to my main point:
It is not about "deserving" a key, it is about making the best use of the keys that you do have, the best use of the available server time you have, the best use of the bandwidth you have. All this takes resources and if GGG wants to get any return what-so-ever on their investment, then they have to make better decisions and that starts from day one. How you handle the beta reflects heavily on how you will likely handle future iterations of the game.

Regardless of how many keys are sent out and to whom they are sent, the likelihood of 100% of them being used is slim. So most of the concerns you mentioned aren't legitimate.

"

Imagine if they took this approach after launch? Could you imagine the chaos that would ensue? This game would be DOOMED to fail.

I highly doubt that they'd only activate accounts randomly after launch. The idea that they might is extremely far fetched and has no basis in reality.

"

From a Dev's point of view it may at one time be about the artistry of crafting a superior gaming experience but in the end...nearly all of them fall prey to the Dollar-Eyed-Surprise and allow that greed to allow them to make poor, short-term choices.

I saw it will so many promising games, HellGate: London being the biggest named of these.

Instituting a random CB key draw system is hardly indicative of Greed or Doom. You're really taking this way out of context.
Last edited by Jest on Aug 20, 2011, 2:18:22 PM
I with Ferinus on this one. Jest is a cock monkey.

Fo shizzle!
Check out my channel for me performing amateur magic videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DimeBagJones420
Last edited by DimebagJones420 on Aug 20, 2011, 2:23:02 PM
The simplest solution to all this would be for GGG to simply send an email to everyone who is signed up telling them that they need to login in to their account in order to show that they are interested in the beta.

I dont get why just such a simple measure to ensure that people who are actually interested get picked is so hard to implement.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info