Performance

Since last patch my fps drops down to 1-2 for 10 sec all 20 sec.
Poe uses all possible resources in this time.

No possible graphic option change this.

---

Beside that

Without "-gc 2" poe crashes in 1 out of 2 instance changes.
Witch "gc -2" poe crashes in 1 out of 8 instance changes.
Same with "gc -1"
This is independent from last patch
Last edited by TheSkeletor on Jul 25, 2012, 12:36:50 PM
What are your system specs? Do you have a 32bit copy of windows? We do have plans to optimize the game in future, but as we add more skills and effects, your framerate will probably continue to drop ;_;
Balance & Design
32 bit yes.

I run total fine before patch and half of the time.
Sometimes it drops at once from 60 fps down to 1-5 and after 10-20 sec up to 60 again.
It only happend in poe.

Worked without problems before patch.
I cleaned the system, installed windows updates and new nvidea driver and it looks like its gone!
I changed so much that i can not tell what causes the problem.

---

The crashes are all kind of error messages. I think gc is garbage collection? if yes you perhaps want to add it on default because gc -2 dont slow down the waiting time at all. In fact i think it load faster with this option and it lower the crash chance a lot.

Beside that alt-tab while loading a instance give 50% crash-chance.

---
What is also confusioning and let you think he will crash any second even if he is not is the sound.

Old instance sound, break,
water/wind sound, break,
new instance sound, break,
new instance sound.

---
Also my antivir "avira" thinks your poe.exe is a trojan horse...
Last edited by TheSkeletor on Jul 26, 2012, 11:58:26 AM
I am running 32bit win7 and I seem to have this same issue. It appears to happen ~every 10 minutes. CPU usage jumps to near 100%, but client.exe doesn't seem to be showing this. This has been happening since the latest patch and only happens in PoE.
"
candiedskull wrote:
I am running 32bit win7 and I seem to have this same issue. It appears to happen ~every 10 minutes. CPU usage jumps to near 100%, but client.exe doesn't seem to be showing this. This has been happening since the latest patch and only happens in PoE.

Does following the same steps TheSkeletor took make a difference?
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info