Joyful co-op, or a loot race?

I don't know about you guys, but i see a very distinct trend when partying with randoms, and that is that they don't seem to care for communicating, or helping out their teammates. Instead, all the random party kids do is just kill, loot, and steal loot that is obviously not their, but they stood under it long enough while you (the owner of the loot) was getting mauled by mobs. Do you guys see the same thing?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/39776

almost 15 pages of people who see the same thing..

some agree with it, and some dont

EDIT: made my link.. a link :)
Things with "increased" and "decreased" in the tooltip are additive ... where as "More" or "Less" are multiplicative ...
Last edited by wade001 on Jul 25, 2012, 11:50:26 AM
"
barecanvas wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but i see a very distinct trend when partying with randoms, and that is that they don't seem to care for communicating, or helping out their teammates. Instead, all the random party kids do is just kill, loot, and steal loot that is obviously not their, but they stood under it long enough while you (the owner of the loot) was getting mauled by mobs. Do you guys see the same thing?

If they can take the loot, it is theirs.

Why can't some of you people get this?

I suggest playing D3 instead, I heard it has a carebear loot system.
IGN: NuzzyFipples
Last edited by EchoMending on Jul 25, 2012, 1:44:34 PM
There is various reason why you couldn't pick up the loot before someone picked it up. And why not just FFA from the beginning?

- Sometimes you are being blocked (I tried to click on it, but my char didn't move nor got the item).
- Someone else is in danger, and I suppose you are too save them first before you pick up your loot.
- You are being attacked, while the other did not (being a tank, or someone uses summoner has their advantages)
- You are a range, and you are not suppose to move into melee area until it is safe.

My other suggestion is, have a casual league. Those who wants competition for loot, go for it. I prefer a team work environment, and share loots all the time.
"
EchoMending wrote:
"
barecanvas wrote:

THIS

get over your noobishness noobs and try not to suck then maybe you can get loot

jesus christ

some people
When I heard about cutthroat league I had a vision of a place, and in that place I saw a man, and in that man I saw my sword, and in my inventory I saw his loot
"
Basinx wrote:
"
EchoMending wrote:
"
barecanvas wrote:

THIS

jesus christ

some people

People like you.... lol... There should be SOME semblance of loot etiquette. From what I have heard, its just a bunch of loot Hogs that would rather spend the entire dungeon picking up loot instead of helping their team at least clear the area before sticking their dirty hands in the loot pile. Its got nothing to do with Carebear, its just idiots being greedy and selfish.
"The path of a true warrior is not how strong you become to defeat others; but how strong you become to protect those who matter most."

Yhuma - melee Dagger Shadow

"
EchoMending wrote:
"
barecanvas wrote:

I suggest playing D3 instead, I heard it has a RMAH (Real Money Auction House) system.
"Joyful co-op, or a loot race?"

Yes.

Unless by joyful co-op you mean a bunch of people standing around emoting. Usually you play with a goal, kill a boss, farm an area, right?
Current IGNs:
Smoothjazzz - 61 Summoner Templar (Default)
PostHardcore - 52 2H Marauder (Hardcore) (RIP)
PointBlaurader - 68 Bowrauder (Hardcore)
"
Marxis wrote:
"
Basinx wrote:
"
EchoMending wrote:

THIS

jesus christ

some people

People like you.... lol... There should be SOME semblance of loot etiquette. From what I have heard, its just a bunch of loot Hogs that would rather spend the entire dungeon picking up loot instead of helping their team at least clear the area before sticking their dirty hands in the loot pile. Its got nothing to do with Carebear, its just idiots being greedy and selfish.

Etiquette cannot be enforced, or even governed, by the system. Etiquette must be acknowledged by each player individually.

If someone you're partying with is being an asshat, or just being generally uncooperative, don't play with them again. Simple.

We, the players, are perfectly capable of managing this stuff ourselves. We do not need GGG to hold our hands. Especially since most of us don't want our hands held.
IGN: NuzzyFipples
Maybe it's just me, but I find there's some fun in fighting over blue-grade loot. It's infuriating to have someone take a gold- or rare- grade loot, I have to admit, but when it comes to common loot like gems and upgrade items, it's fun rushing over to pick up as much as you can before your teammates.
Besides, most people I play with are friendly enough to give me some of the loot they've taken that had my name in it. In return, I aim to do the same. It's the least I can do. If other people are your problem, you can always boot them to prevent them from taking other loot from you, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info