Looking for feedback on lightning/minion/critical build

Lightning/minion/critical witch

What do you guys think? The plan is to use high int score to have the mana to run clarity and wrath at all times, constantly have a full set of zombies/specters/skeletons summoned and receiving the wrath buff, and just unload sparks any time I'm not casting something else, which should be pretty devastating with all the lightning and critical bonuses.

Also, does the passive skill tree's 111 points take into account the optional skill points you can get from the bandits quest in act 2?

Edit: just noticed the post saying to put build threads in the class specific subforum, my bad
Last edited by FrivolousSam on Jul 25, 2012, 10:32:44 AM
The 111 points might include the passive points, but you'd also have to get to level 100. A 70 point build would be reasonable for level 60.
The idea behind your build is very similar to what I've been running on alpha since we got 0.9.11 there, except I'm focusing my passives on Spark instead of minions. I use minions defensively instead of as a source of damage. With passive points currently being limited to around 70 or so, you'll probably have to focus on one or the other.

Support Spark with Pierce, Projectile Speed, and whatever else you like. I've taken to using Added Cold Damage due to its highly defensive nature of chilling and freezing on crit (which happens very often). A 5- or 6-link armor would allow me to add Elemental Proliferation back to it, which I used at earlier levels.

I use the Discipline aura exclusively. I've found that the mana cost for others isn't worth it.

Projectile Weakness helps a lot. If you're using the Pierce support, this curse will take your Spark to 100% chance to pierce cursed enemies. You also get a good chance to knock them back and a healthy projectile damage boost. I use it on a totem to save casting time.

For gear, I look for stuff with high energy shield and mana. I use a Shadow torso armor due to its good chance of getting both blue and green sockets for Spark and dex-based supports. Weapons are two kris with increased spell damage and increased spell crit chance.

In all, I have around 47% crit chance on Spark. It was at 52%, but I swapped a kris for one with less crit chance but more spell damage.

I can run maps quite effectively, almost easily. Passives here.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Jul 25, 2012, 12:06:28 PM
whiteboy, did you try lightnning strike attack with this build? I have both nice daggers and wands and I kinda like your build.

GG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info