Any tips for a beginner?

I am play a Templar. He is a level 20. I am in act 2. But I am not satisfied with my Character. I was thinking about making a new Templar. Any tips so I don't screw my new one up.
Extra Info:
I would like a Templar that is a tank. But also summons monsters.
I also need defensive spells and skills.
If you would like to see my skill tree(to see how I screwed up) Here is the link http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUAD46CnRfs1pwdEa-0OygtVUc8jLlWDKutW6lBsWSmULRw94dsg17vB4TXHBKH457Wl9THBqDp-E6z-R4TtGauDciZvQLdI1F45wnqKv6L4q4=
Thanks!
BUFFIN BOSSES!!
You took an offshoot immediately away from the templar section and went straight for the middle nodes. This is why your character feels week.

You should be adding nodes like increased damage for whatever kind of weapon you will be using, as well as area of effect for skills like Cleave. If you are using 1h and a shield, you will want shield passives.

This game does a bad job of conveying to the player what they should be going for on the tree. They tried to redesign it to be noob friendly, but you helped illustrate how they have failed in the new design. I prefer the old tree.

On your next templar, try adding passives that directly help the type of templar you are, and try to be as efficient about spending your points as possible. Plan your build first to level 60 with the website tree. You took alot of bonus attribute nodes that really dont do much at all for your character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info