Graphical glitch

http://tinypic.com/r/24yobqh/6

The black mess on the left. Soon after this a bright white line taking almost the entire screen. Both only lasted as long as I stood still.

First time I've had any issue like this. Been playing about 4 months.

X4 athlon 2, 4 gb ram, 5770 radeon.
Last edited by Rowsol on Jul 24, 2012, 10:07:58 PM
This looks like a problem we're investigating now, involving crazy graphical glitches. Just in case, check your card temperature when playing, but it's most likely that it's the issue we're investigating.
Balance & Design
Yeah, I thought overheating card too but that's not it.
An edit.

So the game just crashed changing areas (which only happens when I'm in a group) and I looked at my card temps. 84c. WOW. Fan at 100%. Something is fishy.

I clean the dust regularly so that's not it. V sync is off. I'll try turning it on to see if it lowers. For some reason this game just keeps my card pegged. I don't remember it being like this in the past although I've never checked the temps before. Never had it go that high without running a stress test with furmark.
Last edited by Rowsol on Jul 25, 2012, 5:06:34 AM
The game isn't optimized, and doesn't have a framerate limit, so depending on your card it may push itself very hard to try and get as high a framerate as possible! Vsync will just cap the framerate at 60, so it'll stop your card pushing itself too hard, but you may want to use other software to limit the framerate if it's still causing heat problems.
Balance & Design
Ok, when I'm in a party the video is pegged at 100% which is okay but over time the card gets over 80c. Today the bug happened again while in a party with 4 others.

After the graphical glitch the mini map goes blank. I exited the game and saw 84c on the card.

Maybe card temps are associated with the glitches but it seems I'm not alone in the glitches.

Like I said before, I've never had a problem with this game before these recent patches.

EDIT: Well it seems being in a party doesn't have anything to do with temps. Still hitting 78-80c solo play.
Last edited by Rowsol on Jul 25, 2012, 9:11:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info