flicker strike has a cooldown..?

so, the skill that gave my melee shadow a chance of surviving.. got nerfed? rrm.. why?
Because the skill was broken and overpowered?
Keyblades!
I love feasting on the tears of the butthurt... Flicker strike was so retardedly overpowered. I even used it on my strength marauder because it just was so good. I'm glad they changed it.

It is in fact still possible to use flicker strike without a cooldown, you just have to consume a frenzy charge. Blood Rage works well with this.
IGN: IamThePuddingInTheNight
"
Settlestone wrote:
so, the skill that gave my melee shadow a chance of surviving.. got nerfed? rrm.. why?

I knew it was too fun to be true.

I played a duel wielding, Flicker Strike, Blood Magic Shadow. I'm beyond bummed that they nerfed Flicker Strike with cooldowns and moved Blood Magic to the extreme opposite end of the skill tree.

Obviously, I am not supposed to be playing my extremely fun build.

FML
Flicker Strike has been horribly overpowered basically ever since it was added to the game. This has been known and discussed many times in the past, and it was well-known that a nerf was on the way. If you're really upset about it you can go post in the skill feedback forums with detailed opinions/ideas. The devs read all of those.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:
Flicker Strike has been horribly overpowered basically ever since it was added to the game. This has been known and discussed many times in the past, and it was well-known that a nerf was on the way. If you're really upset about it you can go post in the skill feedback forums with detailed opinions/ideas. The devs read all of those.

Apparently, I was supposed to have been offered Whirling Blades at some point in the beginning, but I don't remember seeing it and never obtained it. It never appeared again as far as I can remember. I've played three other classes and none of them has picked up Whirling Blades.

I don't understand why such a critical ability gem is only offered once in the game. I wouldn't feel upset at all about Flicker Strike if I had a viable alternative.
Flicker Strike was way overpowered and needed a nerf. I had a dualist that had a twohanded sword and used Blood Rage + Flicker. That was all I needed. No Cleave or any other skill. You just cast Blood Rage and hold Flicker Strike hotkey/mouse button without targeting anyone. Few seconds later everything is dead. You only need to use flasks while holding down one key. It was stupid.

Now you need to focus on having as many frenzy charges, you cannot just attack randomly as Blood Rage only gives charges on kill and you need to combine Frenzy skill with Flicker for most effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info