Act 2 Boss Lazor (and chaos damage ingame)

Its cheap... To fast, almost no attack signalization (its like handgun shoot with gun already in hand - try dodge this lolz:) ), often instakill even with high resist, forces to be in constant movement (in a game when you CANT cast when move - gg - WHO DESIGN THIS LOL? Did dont know limitations of your own engine?).
not rly good design imho.

Why not just change it to something like Ligtning Braath that Diablo have in D2/D3.
Very High DMG but with signalization (if fast = no dmg), almost instakill when not moviing (punishment for lazines, mitigable wit resists, no instant-shot, char with very fast movement can benefit if played well (boss animation lock), etc..

Better in each case.

I create soemtime ago (when Flicker Strike was added to mobs i think) a thered about how unavoidable dmg sucks in HnS (D3 is full of something like this) and GGG create boss with unavoidable/instagib attack... W T F? (dont mention that inavoidable dmg is still in the game and each ranged monster can shoot at you offscreen includiong instagibing/oermafreezing by bosses). W T F? :)
I dont even mention hitscans attacks for mobs and nerfing player sills and notnerfing monsters that use the same skill.

PS. I dont talk here about specific cases (for example i have 5kl HP i can stand in lazor) - im talking about design approach.

PS2. Not on topic but similar stuff - if you put SO MUCH chaos dmg in game (half of Act2) gove me any way to mitigate it besides life stacking. Why Chaos Res is so rare? Is it even in game as an affix? Where is 'poison length reduction' affix? (overall game 'cool affixes' poll is very limited. Cool = sosmething other that flat stats increase and something that change combat). Maybe 'chance to get poisoned reduced by x%' affix? I can create other topic to cover this because its bad design too but i think devs can read this here too. :)

/discuss...
Last edited by Kabraxis on Jul 24, 2012, 10:10:01 AM
Pay attention to which arm he moves in your direction. As soon as the claw arm swings around, it's time to start moving. That arm is the one that uses the ice and lightning attacks. My marauder with -12% movement speed can stop attacking and dodge them easily as long as I'm paying attention. Also, there's a very high chance that he'll use the laser attack next if he just put down ice.

The arm with the red mace does the ground slam attack. The one with the blue mace summons his minions. Regardless of what he's doing, he always points the arm in your direction, giving a warning of what he's going to do.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Pay attention to which arm he moves in your direction. As soon as the claw arm swings around, it's time to start moving. That arm is the one that uses the ice and lightning attacks. My marauder with -12% movement speed can stop attacking and dodge them easily as long as I'm paying attention. Also, there's a very high chance that he'll use the laser attack next if he just put down ice.

The arm with the red mace does the ground slam attack. The one with the blue mace summons his minions. Regardless of what he's doing, he always points the arm in your direction, giving a warning of what he's going to do.

Very nice description of the fight. I had not thought about this, but it is correct.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
To be honest they should buff him, brutus and merveil they hardly feel like bosses at all.While fighting it's like u just killing another rare mob.Maybe witch just broken but i never saw anyone i know have problems with these so called "bosses" just sit&click.
IGN MaleMan.
Drop me a private message if i won any of your auctions.
One of the most often typed questions in chat (from what I've seen) is "How to deal with Merveil"(sometimes formulated differently).
"
Blacknsilver wrote:
One of the most often typed questions in chat (from what I've seen) is "How to deal with Merveil"(sometimes formulated differently).

Well maybe it depends on what setup you're using but 2 sapphire rings and merveil deals like 12dmg per hit lol
IGN MaleMan.
Drop me a private message if i won any of your auctions.
Calm down, slow down, and type out a coherent post. I feel like I'm playing some sort of word-scramble mix-em-up.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:

Doesn't he also make a unique sound before he fires the laser?
I think that was what I reacted to when I fought him, since I wasn't close enough to see him most of the fight.

Really liked this fight btw. Kinda laggy for me though.
What kills it for me is that during that fight I have a weird fps drop, which makes it much harder to dodge the attacks >:
"
Zakyrn wrote:
Doesn't he also make a unique sound before he fires the laser?
I think that was what I reacted to when I fought him, since I wasn't close enough to see him most of the fight.
He probably has audio cues as well, but I don't know. I often have trouble distinguishing sounds.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info