What am I doing wrong?

I've spent almost all my passive points on Strength, life, and regeneration. I've got the best gear I could scrounge up, giving life, armor, maxed or near maxed resists. And yet, I still die in seconds to any high level boss or pack of blue mobs.

Currently level 67, tried and failed twice to get Piety, and I really don't want to do the ridiculous grinding it would take to get level 68 for no real results. My main offense is Infernal Blow, with Cleave and Leap Slam for AoEs. I plan to respec a bit, get Iron Reflexes, and use Grace after I get the extra skill points from Piety. One thing I do regret a bit is getting the skill points from all three bandits, instead of helping Oak in Normal or Merciless.

Here's my passive build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0OPBLhFCAUTRRxGS4aOBv6IWAl3yfVJ-0otS3SMgkyiTpSOthAoEd-UEdQUFYEVw1YY1nzXz9gS2CIYSFhUmVNZ5tyqXTtdPF253fleu98u3zZhNmGYIzPkFWRzp65ns2fPp_LogCi6qQZpzCnhKloq8Wsqrndu-3AGsRYxYrG2NIh1I_ZYd-_4ursOO8O707wH_Iv8932SPe-KS4lJ11J

And here's every item I'm wearing:
Spoiler

Could someone help me figure out exactly where I've gone wrong with this character?
hey your neighbor here,
i didn't put Blood magic passive skill, i just used gems for that
so i can run 5 different auras from my MP it self, cause im poor and didn't have expensive gears so i tried to cover it up with auras on defense neither dps

that how i played
cheers
First, get rid of Item Quantity. Why you have that in your main DPS skill is beyond me.

Then, you need a 5L somewhere. Your damage will go way up. Your chest armor looks pretty good...I don't know what your orb situation is, but I'd try my best to 5L that thing. If you've got an exalted, trade it for 70-80 fuses and go to town. And get rid of that Item Quantity... :)

Other than that, it looks to me like you have good life and resists (you should list those). I'd certainly recommend giving Enfeeble a try. I use it on just about all mobs and it really makes a difference.
IGN: Bahnzo <--- that should find me.
PoE Item Info Script: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1463814
I've spent tons of fusings on that armor trying to get 5L... to the point where I had to take a break and play my other characters to get enough fusings to get back to 4L on it.

The Item Quantity gem is my main source of MF, but you're right, don't know what I was thinking keeping it on at this point. I've got a second Life Leech gem, and a Fire Penetration both leveled; which do you think would be better to replace it?

I have no Exalted orbs, unfortunately. I traded the only one I've ever found to buy that armor in the first place (and I've had offers to buy it for more... not until I get Kaom's). Highest I have is a GCP. Yeah, I'm poor.

My hit points are around 3500, before reserving for auras, and my resists are 67 fire, 80 cold, 80 lightning, -46% chaos. Of course, fire does get capped out with three endurance charges, which I try to keep up as much as possible.
Switch the Item Quantity to Multistrike or Faster Attacks. Or at the very least, Added Fire.

This is my Lightning Strikers Tree. I would say do something similar because you have too many wasted points in your tree.

I have around 6.6k Life with this build (and gear obviously) using a one hander. You have a two hander and would need to take the two hand abilities in place of the one handed ones I took.

IGN: Meowauder
IGN: ThatOneGuyThatllDie
Last edited by Shocky1000 on May 29, 2013, 9:01:14 PM
"
WarDragon wrote:
I've spent tons of fusings on that armor trying to get 5L... to the point where I had to take a break and play my other characters to get enough fusings to get back to 4L on it.

The Item Quantity gem is my main source of MF, but you're right, don't know what I was thinking keeping it on at this point. I've got a second Life Leech gem, and a Fire Penetration both leveled; which do you think would be better to replace it?

I have no Exalted orbs, unfortunately. I traded the only one I've ever found to buy that armor in the first place (and I've had offers to buy it for more... not until I get Kaom's). Highest I have is a GCP. Yeah, I'm poor.

My hit points are around 3500, before reserving for auras, and my resists are 67 fire, 80 cold, 80 lightning, -46% chaos. Of course, fire does get capped out with three endurance charges, which I try to keep up as much as possible.

I would go with Life Leech, but consider Added Fired Damage if you have one. That might be better depending on your circumstances.

I get you on the 5L thing. But I'd keep trying, that's a good chest otherwise and getting it to 5L would certainly help you big time.

Add me if you want and I'll certainly help with Piety. You and I are kinda in the same predicament. 67 and struggling. I read all these guides and such, and then realize they all have uber equipment and it's much harder for the poor little guys like us.

IGN: Bahnzo
IGN: Bahnzo <--- that should find me.
PoE Item Info Script: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1463814
Life Leech is working wonders, everywhere except Lunaris. So much damage...
At this point i think you should already be using Iron Reflexes and Grace, try to do that.

Also, against blue and unique bosses you shouldnt be tanking them. Kite them. 1 or 2 Ground Slam attacks, give 2 steps away from them, 1 or 2 attacks, and repeat.

Use and abuse Decoy Totem.

Just my 2 cents.
"
alqui_gp wrote:
At this point i think you should already be using Iron Reflexes and Grace, try to do that.

Also, against blue and unique bosses you shouldnt be tanking them. Kite them. 1 or 2 Ground Slam attacks, give 2 steps away from them, 1 or 2 attacks, and repeat.

Just my 2 cents.

GS with an axe, that's a new one :)
"
MyH4o wrote:
"
alqui_gp wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

GS with an axe, that's a new one :)

Highly helpful post man, keep up the good work...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info