Marveil battle deserves a boost

Now that you guys have released the Act 2 Boss, you can certainly feel a huge difference between this fight and Marveil's - the latter now feels kind of "outdated" and with "no taste".

When you get into marveil's chamber, she is just standing there casting cold snap without even seeing any kind of "intro" like we have with Vaal Oversoul, nor feeling like a "Act Final Boss" with some sort of epicness attached to the battle.

Now that we have Vaal Oversoul, Marveil doesn't feel up to par, and could certainly use some sort of small "boost", rather adding a short intro scene, giving it a bigger size, adding environment effects (like the black-coloured lines in Vaal Oversoul's chamber), or something like that...

Not sure if i'm the only one who feels this way, but there's a very notorious difference in how Marveil battle feels in comparison with Vaal Oversoul.

P.S: I love you ggg!
Merveil could use some dynamics. Maybe just hit harder.

I was able to hold my skill attack on her and tank everything.
Merveil's first form is fine, but second is just lame. Make her second form much bigger, give some super tsunami wave or something. Also make him resummon the minions, randomly normal and exploding spawns.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
I will remember you guys some players still have problem with her. Rangers and witches in particular.
Well last level before merveil is really pure genious.

But fight itself could be much better I agree. The feeling of it I mean, not difficulty.
I'm not saying Marveil is OP nor UP. It's difficulty is just fine. What I mean is the battle itself, not the difficulty.

Compare Marveil's battle with Vaal Oversoul's. Marveil's is tasteless in comparison and feels totally outdated (you can tell Marveil's battle was designed in 2009-2010 and Vaal Oversoul's in 2012).

I also agree it's second form is nothing special, is just like any other of those blue spawns. Would be nice if it could get a design improvement.

Once again, no need to touch the difficulty, just the battle experience.

Would like to see a dev' thought on this.
I'm having a hunch what Merveil's intro will be, and if I'm right it's certainly something for the Open Beta.
As for the fight itself, yeah, I'm sure it will be improved further.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
The first half of the fight was still a challenge damage-wise in Ruthless level to my newb tissue wearing witch, when as usual my zombies wimp out and decide not to follow me in and I have no way to raise new ones.

Although more interesting visuals would be fine.
Last edited by Yankee on Jul 24, 2012, 11:07:43 AM
Just FYI

she is the first boss

progression isn't a bad thing
When I heard about cutthroat league I had a vision of a place, and in that place I saw a man, and in that man I saw my sword, and in my inventory I saw his loot
I've felt she needed a major overhaul from the beginning and have stated as much.

I don't know if this is in the pipeline, but I hope that before Open Beta, they give all boss encounters a once-over to make sure they are as epic as they should be. (and to ensure that there aren't any super cheap ways to bypass or exploit the fight)

Bosses are currently pretty weak against extreme ranged attacks, to the point where I've seen people simply stand in place killing them in total safety.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info