Lvl 66 needs some direction.

I'm a purely physical Double Strike/Cleave Mara who has just finished the game and proceeding to maps, but I'm really hitting a wall. I feel kinda squishy, even tho I have over 3.8k life. I'm having trouble even gaining a level at this point. No matter how careful I am, I always seem to get swarmed and not able to escape/potion in time.

So where can I improve? Do I need more armor and less life nodes? Do I need to do more DPS? Like I said, I seem to get swarmed sometimes and I just can't handle it, but as a melee I need to be up close.

First, passive tree:

Equipment:
Spoiler

Stats:

Spoiler

IGN: Bahnzo <--- that should find me.
PoE Item Info Script: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1463814
Last edited by Bahnzo on May 28, 2013, 6:57:50 PM
Regeneration is really good. Unless it low life I don't like blood magic passive. I rather use blood magic gem for attack and mana for aura.

Your physical resist is really bad. My physical resist is 80% and 90% if I use granite charges.

Try using enfeeblement to help migrate the damage.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0OrRQgFE0Y2xkuGjgaVRznIPAhYCfVJ-0ppTIJNYY26DqzOtg9_ECgQ5xE50p9TdhQR1BQVElXDVhjWfNbr18_YEthIWSjZ6BqHmo7cql07XTxeu982YFvgziE74d2jHaMz5AKkFWdqp48nrmezaIApzCnhKgYqWisqrnNud3AGsRYxtjSIdlh3Q3nUuw47w7vTvAf8i_z3fZI9778xQ==

You should look into endurance charges. With Iron Skin and the large amount of health, you probably be unkillable at par level. With the exception of Chaos damage all your resist will be max: 90% physical and 80% elemental. However it is a different type of play style. If you fail to keep your charges up in the middle of a battle bad things will happen tho.

Last edited by deadlylag on May 28, 2013, 7:32:17 PM
Thanks, I do use enfeeble religiously on all mobs, and it doesn't show but I also use the grace aura which ups my phsyical to around %50 resist. Not sure what it is with my granite flasks, but I'm sure it's up there also. I intentionally skipped the endurance nodes, knowing they are right there if I need to go into them. So would that be what I should be spending my next levels on? I've no idea if they are worth it. Is there anything I could spec out of for now to help level up...ie trade some life for armor?

I'm pretty much set on BM for now. I think I'd need some 6L to make that work.
IGN: Bahnzo <--- that should find me.
PoE Item Info Script: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1463814
"
Bahnzo wrote:
I'm a purely physical Double Strike/Cleave Mara who has just finished the game and proceeding to maps, but I'm really hitting a wall. I feel kinda squishy, even tho I have over 3.8k life. I'm having trouble even gaining a level at this point. No matter how careful I am, I always seem to get swarmed and not able to escape/potion in time.

So where can I improve? Do I need more armor and less life nodes? Do I need to do more DPS? Like I said, I seem to get swarmed sometimes and I just can't handle it, but as a melee I need to be up close.

First, passive tree:

Equipment:
Spoiler

Stats:

Spoiler

I would say go up to passive tree and get the vitality, also take endurance that realy help for tanking
Wow, does the graphics really look like that on your PC?

On topic - That sword is very very far from map worthy imo. Go buy something better, swords are so cheap anyway. You'd want atleast something with around 350 dps, this one has less than 250. Also I suppose cleave is your primary attack, why use only a 4L with it, when u have a 5L?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info