How are summoners?

I was just wondering after this latest patch and the ones before it if anything has been done about the summoner UI?

I saw in a Dev blog i think that they mentioned they were going to do something about s ummoner UI and the fact u have to re summon mobs every room and it doesn't say how many mobs you have.

But i cant really bring myself to come back and play, until Open beta or the Summoner UI is fixed
Tried it last night on my lv 28 witch... AI has not been fixed but I don't think it was expected to be fixed this patch.

Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.
"
Harmless88 wrote:
I was just wondering after this latest patch and the ones before it if anything has been done about the summoner UI?

I saw in a Dev blog i think that they mentioned they were going to do something about s ummoner UI and the fact u have to re summon mobs every room and it doesn't say how many mobs you have.

But i cant really bring myself to come back and play, until Open beta or the Summoner UI is fixed

AI is still the same as far as I can tell. Minions still can't figure out doors.

Honestly, this bugs me less now since patch, though, as I play a templar summoner and in order to pick up the keystones I wanted I ended up with almost double the Int that I had before, and mana is less of a problem.

On the same note, I hope the Devs dont put a counter up for the number of minions up. It gives me something to pay attention to, rather than just stare at a number on the screen.
Current IGNs:
Smoothjazzz - 61 Summoner Templar (Default)
PostHardcore - 52 2H Marauder (Hardcore) (RIP)
PointBlaurader - 68 Bowrauder (Hardcore)
"
Secondfiddle wrote:
"
Harmless88 wrote:

AI is still the same as far as I can tell. Minions still can't figure out doors.

Honestly, this bugs me less now since patch, though, as I play a templar summoner and in order to pick up the keystones I wanted I ended up with almost double the Int that I had before, and mana is less of a problem.

On the same note, I hope the Devs dont put a counter up for the number of minions up. It gives me something to pay attention to, rather than just stare at a number on the screen.

Odd, I had more an issue with mana post patch than I did before as it looks like the cost to summon has gone up quite a bit.

Also agree on the counter idea!
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.
Last edited by Dhrakken on Jul 23, 2012, 3:04:01 PM
aww damn im really hoping for an Intuitive Summoner ai, That shows the # of each you have, as well as the ability to move to the next zone with you, without having to resummon.

owell, i know the devs are aware of all this, just hope it happens soon =)
There's certain "quality of life" concerns right now for sure, in regards to UI and such.

If the question is also asking how GOOD are they, or how viable are they, mine seems to be unstoppable.... for now.

Just about done with A2 cruel, haven't died since A1 normal against Merivil or whatever her name is.

Next patch is scheduled to address summoner issues.

But, yeah, even with really stupid minions, being a summoner (Templar or Witch) is awesome! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"

Odd, I had more an issue with mana post patch than I did before as it looks like the cost to summon has gone up quite a bit.

Also agree on the counter idea!

Huh, Ill post my build when I get home, the canvas doesnt work for me here at work. I went from barely having enough INT for the gear I needed to barely enough STR, just with how the passives laid out. I didnt really notice the cost going up at all, but I didnt pay that much attention.
Current IGNs:
Smoothjazzz - 61 Summoner Templar (Default)
PostHardcore - 52 2H Marauder (Hardcore) (RIP)
PointBlaurader - 68 Bowrauder (Hardcore)
While my killing speed is average to good, the effectiveness is undeniable. I've got 9 zombies, 6 specters and 16 skeletons, meaning I can pretty much steamroll through any area. I don't even have supports on some and they still dominate. Because your army is one giant meat shield, you don't need to worry about too much defense but instead can focus on other stats (I've chosen quantity and rarity, currently at 54% quant and 130% rarity). I need about 2-3 trips back per area from all the rares.

In saying that, I died for the first time yesterday in the final difficulty against Brutus (his big slam one-hit me), but my armour is on average 10 levels below me level...

With summoners as effective as they are at the moment, they will likely be OP once the AI is fixed.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
FYI, they said they were going to fix/update the minion behaviors in patch 0.9.12, so unless you really want to do summoner build right now, u can wait till 0.9.12 or whenever they fix it. i personally having made a high level one because i get so irritated by how the minions always running off and wondering too far from me, but it's a personal preference, i prefer i have more control over my minions.
twitter: LeonoftheChan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info