Since the new patch I am just getting random client crashes every 10-20 mins...

Not really sure whats going on.....

I crashed after entering the forest encampment...

And I crashed once after I entered the pirate cave and I saw a ghost pirate and the graphics distorted....

and I crashed once randomly for no reason standing around.... It seems everyone is crashing atm.

:( Whats going on?.

Its not my PC...Temps never go above 60 celcius on max load gpu and cpu never goes above 40 celcius.

And Ive mem tested a few days ago and perfect after 24 hours.

Specs,

I7 2600k
3x GTX 470 in SLI
16GB DDR3 1600 Kingston HyperX
1200w Cooler master gold pro PSU
Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud7-b3

And I use a G930 headset with 7.1 surround card.
razer lycosa keyboard and a mamba mouse...

its definitly not my rig lol
www.tachi203.com : For live streams, gameplay, news of me +(.

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence. - Mohandas Gandhi
Last edited by tachi203 on Jul 23, 2012, 9:39:00 AM
Same problem here, sort of.

I get random crashes when moving to new areas, using skills, or sometimes for nothing at all. The game screen goes black and a little window pops up saying either

Bad Allocation
or
Could not map file

In both cases the game will not resume and i have to exit out and re-enter. Also, almost every time i swap areas I end up getting PoE "not responding" for a few seconds. Don't know why, but it's probably my comp in that one case.

[quote="Xavderion"]Adapt or die.[/quote]
[quote="NekoHanten"]You are a prisoner who has been exiled to Wraeclast. Do you think it's meant to be easy and fun?[/quote]
I also get crashes. The most common one is when entering a new zone and it crashes with an "Unable to map file." message, though crashes that occur just standing around also happen (Program has stopped working). Its frustrating me to hell...

Win7 32-bit latest updates
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E6500 @ 2.93 GHz
2 GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 240 1 GB
Last edited by Wind_Falcon on Jul 23, 2012, 10:05:54 PM
People with 32bit Windows and not a lot of ram will be getting the unable to map file error at the moment! You should try running the Pack Check if this is not the case, but we're looking into it!
Balance & Design
I ran it, no errors.
I just finished about an hour or so of game play...IGN:ElevenA

I had no ISSUES. Add the -nosound to the TARGET and see if hte problem persists.

Turn off the VSYNC in the game options.

Seriously. 0 issues = WinXP 32bit. So I do not believe that is the complete KEY to the errors. But I do have 4GB ram.
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
Last edited by Greybear1andonly on Jul 23, 2012, 10:13:39 PM
same problem here
Tried the -nosound option. After an hour and a half of playing I still got a crash when loading (this time no error message, only "Program has stopped working").

After 5 minuses of playing, not during loading, I again get a crash with "Program has stopped working".

I'm at my limit.
Last edited by Wind_Falcon on Jul 25, 2012, 9:31:41 PM
"
Same problem here, sort of.

I get random crashes when moving to new areas, using skills, or sometimes for nothing at all. The game screen goes black and a little window pops up saying either

Bad Allocation
or
Could not map file

In both cases the game will not resume and i have to exit out and re-enter. Also, almost every time i swap areas I end up getting PoE "not responding" for a few seconds. Don't know why, but it's probably my comp in that one case.

I get the exact same problems, its not your computer that's the problem.
"
Wind_Falcon wrote:
Tried the -nosound option. After an hour and a half of playing I still got a crash when loading (this time no error message, only "Program has stopped working").

After 5 minuses of playing, not during loading, I again get a crash with "Program has stopped working".

I'm at my limit.

Was the 1.5hr an improvement? If so, its something. That puts it along the lines of a memory leak...(I think) like the E_outofMemory error.
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
Last edited by Greybear1andonly on Jul 25, 2012, 10:54:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info