Act 2 boss a little OP ???

1900 life duelist with 98 life per second. I have killed him maybe 20 times or so, has yet to kill me. After he hits once with it, I click around him, until he stops casting it, or I run and shield charge him, it resets his AI and he does something else like summons or the smash attack. He really is quite easy.
he's not op he's the first complete boss, brutus is a gear and kiting check, mervail is a resist check the mini bosses depend on positioning and this guy tests both your defence and offence as the longer the fight goes on the more minions you have to fight. Personally I had 2k hp and 75% all resist so the hammer did about 400 dmg to me and the laser did about 300, the only thing I took damage from was the chaos spiters
In the Hardcore Ladder race, I overleveled myself before taking on the boss, as I was worried about how well I'd survive. The boss barely scratched my health, I think I took one health flask the whole fight. This was playing as a bow ranger, I can see a melee thinking that it's OP, though.

I have ~500hp and ~100 ES. It's an epic fight that is a bit of a gear check, but not OP, imo. Perhaps I'll feel differently in Merciless without the legacy items which give me uber DPS?
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Jul 26, 2012, 8:04:25 AM
Well the boss will probably get some tweaks like most of the bosses in game within few patches, its normal development process so its good to give feedback.

Anyway wait for the act3 boss, that will be fun :D
"
herflik wrote:
Well the boss will probably get some tweaks like most of the bosses in game within few patches, its normal development process so its good to give feedback.

Anyway wait for the act3 boss, that will be fun :D

I'm hoping they at least make it a little bit more stun-resistant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8bTc37rLuyg#t=367s
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
I think the boss has a bit too much hp. Other than that he's quite fun.
I think this boss is lots of fun! Nice to have a fight where you do something else than hold left click. My marauder isn't nearly as powerful as yours (1.8k life and level 56) but the laser beams don't hurt me that much. The melee attack on the other hand is insane and can one-hit me sometimes. But then again it's pretty slow and you see it coming from a mile away, so it doesn't kill me unless there is heavy lag.
I readed the first replies and Iam getting more and more excited to this game.

Reminds me of me in Diablo 2 standing on the Boss of Act 1 in Normal: Got my problems the first time, but then I just managed my gear and it was working well.

That´s how it should be. Not like in Diablo where your´e resists just seems to be useless.
I love to use the edit button. :P

Greetings from Germany.
Please don't change this boss, after D3 i can say it's fairly challenging and fun, you only have to stack up some resists and avoid melee attacks.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
Vaal ain't hard if you know how to battle him. Just run in circles when he's shooting da lazors and attack him when he's summoning stuff or dropping rocks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info