Australians: your experience with the singapore server

so, in the patch notes for 0.9.11, we Australians were told to try out the singapore server, as it is closer to us. im curious with how has your experience with the server been, australians? i think if information like this is gathered it will help out GGG as well.

for me, im getting far less rubberbanding in singapore server compared to america server, but the delay on hit still happens seemingly equally often. this does mean the game is less often to rubberband me back into a crowd of monsters, which im very happy with, the delay on hit i can overlook.
im stationed in melbourne, victoria.
twitter: LeonoftheChan
Sucky experience, but that is 100% due to the fact that I am with Optus and the cheap bastards refuse to route directly to Singapore and instead go to the US first and then back to singapore :(

EDIT: who are you with by the way? and does anyone know if internode works well for the Singapore server?
Last edited by LoneStarr on Jul 23, 2012, 7:42:05 AM
"
LoneStarr wrote:
EDIT: who are you with by the way? and does anyone know if internode works well for the Singapore server?

that's weird, im with optus too. im not sure about the internode, i didnt bother tempering with the settings.
"
LoneStarr wrote:

that's weird, im with optus too. im not sure about the internode, i didnt bother tempering with the settings.

EDIT: i can youtube/twitch while playing and it's still fine.
Last edited by leonvision on Jul 23, 2012, 8:26:19 AM
I've tried the Singapore gateway and I get a higher ping than what I currently get on the US gateway: 350ms vs 250ms. I didn't notice any severe rubberbanding while I was on there though. I think I'll stay with the US gateway for the moment.
Western Australia here, I noticed a massive improvement straight away (280+ms -> 70-80ms). Got me all frothy.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Sunshine Coast QLD here.

Dropped about 100ms (150 from 250) swapping to the Singapore gateway. With Internode at the moment which is generally gaming friendly.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
"
lukeiy wrote:
Western Australia here, I noticed a massive improvement straight away (280+ms -> 70-80ms). Got me all frothy.

same, ping went to 80 from 300-500.

I havent played a whole lot yet but i only rubber banded once, which seems like less than before (SCIENCE!).
Western Australia here on Internode; Went from 270+ Ping on US server to 70-90 on Singapore. Massive improvement!
Eastern Australia, internode: ping went from 230-240 to 160-170. More than happy here, and I'd have increased my support for GGG as a result of this had I not actually done so in the recent past. Worth every cent in my eyes.

I must have a pretty good wireless setup because the girl's machine, connected straight to the router, gets pretty much the same.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info