Endurance charges

"
Torin wrote:
With my lvl 42 marauder I only had max 3 charges and most of the time it is too much of a bother to keep them up all the time. Molten Shield is much better to use.

molten shield late game provides around a 2-4% DR increase, and 6 endurance charges provide 30% DR for physical and elemental damage, how is that even remotely comparable?

I'm not sure what people are talking about with maintaining endurance charges. if you take all the passives, it lasts 14 seconds, and a high-ish level enduring cry gem will provide 35 charges per 100 monsters (e.g. if there are 3 monsters there you will get 2 charges.). This is CUMULATIVE; each time you use the skill charges will be added to your existing number of charges and the timer will be reset. If the skill is used within range of 1 monster, the timer will be reset, this means you can maintain 6 charges as long as you see at least 1 monster every 14 seconds.

Again, i dont think there is a problem with the endurance charges per se, but IN MY OPINION its far too easy to pick up all 3 of the node clusters with the current layout.
"
Herborist wrote:
Are there any reliable ways to get endurance charges?

I use warlord's mark and the the one cry skill that gives them, and I rarely was at three, let alone six.

Keep on pushing forward, use enduring cry on CD. I can keep my endurance stacked to full until I have to portal to town or the next area.

Really the only way to approach it if you want to be able to actually USE immortal call.

Get some cast speed, really helps with this one.

I 100% agree with raven on this one, an additive (non diminishing) 30% DR is too juicy to pass up. If you CBF to shout every 8 seconds or so, you don't get it :). That's ok, the rest of us will demo this.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jul 23, 2012, 2:20:22 PM
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
Herborist wrote:
Are there any reliable ways to get endurance charges?

I use warlord's mark and the the one cry skill that gives them, and I rarely was at three, let alone six.

Keep on pushing forward, use enduring cry on CD. I can keep my endurance stacked to full until I have to portal to town or the next area.

Really the only way to approach it if you want to be able to actually USE immortal call.

Get some cast speed, really helps with this one.

I 100% agree with raven on this one, an additive (non diminishing) 30% DR is too juicy to pass up. If you CBF to shout every 8 seconds or so, you don't get it :). That's ok, the rest of us will demo this.

I'd have to get a bunch of different passives to make it worth it when I can get armor and max life passives that help all of the time without any work.

Honestly, I'm already using tempest shield, a unique shield with 45% block rate, and molten shell. I even went for one of the passives that lets my shield block spells. I'm as safe as can be.
"
Herborist wrote:

I'd have to get a bunch of different passives to make it worth it when I can get armor and max life passives that help all of the time without any work.

And here exactly is my point. You don't realize just how powerful 30% non-diminishing DR is. It's 30% DR and on top of that equivalent to at least a 300% armour rating multiplier because the existing DR from your armor is more effective. That's multiplicative, not additive like every one of the passives you're talking about. As you stack your armor higher that benefit becomes larger.

Believe me/don't believe me, this is the crux. It's overpowered but noone will use it because it takes an active skill, a specific build, and adjustment to playstyle. If a tree falls in the forest, ...

Don't worry, we will demo this :)
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jul 23, 2012, 2:58:22 PM
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
Herborist wrote:

And here exactly is my point. You don't realize just how powerful 30% non-diminishing DR is. It's 30% DR and on top of that equivalent to at least a 300% armour rating multiplier because the existing DR from your armor is more effective. That's multiplicative, not additive like every one of the passives you're talking about. As you stack your armor higher that benefit becomes larger.

Believe me/don't believe me, this is the crux. It's overpowered but noone will use it because it takes an active skill, a specific build, and adjustment to playstyle. If a tree falls in the forest, ...

Don't worry, we will demo this :)

Wait, wait...just to be clear we're talking about the same thing here, how would you translate this on www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/

I laid out the math in pretty morbid detail on page 49 of the mechanics thread. Additive DR multiplies the EH value of all armour rating by a pretty significant amount. The tooltip doesn't tell the whole story - and my guess is this is what you're alluding to? I'm looking at actual functionality here.

You want a specific build - I don't understand, really, but okay. All you need is 4 or more endurance charges, 5 preferably. 6 is overboard and would probably result in an inefficient build. Anyway here is my off-the-cuff idea of an endurance-staff templar. There are likely a few things wrong with it. Level 72 build, not quite enough %acc for the noticeable severe lack of dex. Completely out of context and probably wrong on several more points. But I think the idea has merit: how well could you do, without a shield, using a staff with 25% block and 25% DR from endurance, after the way endurance effects armour scaling? I think the staff+endurance competes with a high block shield (again, armour scaling). And our templar here would actually be able to do decent dps while tanking. Cool.

Couple interesting things about this:
5 endurance (25% additive non-diminishing DR)
25% block
3.5% regen
93% max life (that's even on even footing with a mara that crosses into golem blood)
87% armour (respectable, a bit low for a tank build - but 5 endurance + staff with 25% block)
78% elemental\
117% physical |---> together these are very high
70% accuracy (probably needs additional support)
4% attack speed (add support)

hm, might have to try this build.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jul 30, 2012, 4:21:31 AM
Recently a dev posted that they don't intend for charges to be an always-on buff, but that struck me as pretty strange considering how easy it was to keep end charges up before the patch and how much easier it is to get all 6 now. As with so many other things, GGG needs to enforce their design decision here rather than just making it more annoying to play your character as well as you can.

I like the idea of making Enduring Cry expend existing charges before adding the new ones as long as certain enemies count as multiples for the purpose of this skill (e.g. 2 charges per champion, 3 per unique, 6 for act bosses), which should always have been the case.

While they're at it, they should scrap Immortal Call entirely and have the charges expended by Enduring Cry give a short buff to reward players for anticipating attacks, like 10% temporary life per charge for 3 seconds.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info