Endurance charges

Currently with the new skill tree its significantly easier to pick up all 3 endurance charges and their buffs from the marauder starting position. This gives 6 endurance charges max, and you barely have to go out of your way (i.e. all on main paths).

So the problem as i see here is that 6 endurance charges is EXTREMELY GOOD. I'm curious what other peoples thoughts are on this, especially since all the nodes are now on the way to other things most marauders will get (armour, strength & life).

Tldr; Given how powerful +30% DR is, should the endurance charge buffs be harder to get from the marauder starting position.

I don't think so. Mara is made to take damage. He can't deal as much as other classes and the best skill in my opinion is resolute tactics. Taking all crit is painful. So the Mara needs to have good defence as it will take longer to kill things the long run
I stream and create content on YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/IndieSenshi

"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
I have no issue with tanking builds being more convenient to make. Unlike DPS builds, for whom every point after their main build is luxury, tanks need tons of everything: endurance charges, HP, armor/evasion/ES, block chance... Even though my tank didn't actually improve significantly in terms of defenses this patch, I do love the new tree from that perspective.
I'm speculating... but maybe the cool down added to Enduring Cry helps balance this?
The cooldown is far too short to be impactful for anything except stopping constant spamming.

I personally think that the "stacking" of each cry should be removed.

In regards to the ease of the tank build, my tank marauder benefited INSANELY from this patch. More armour, more life, more regen, more dps, and more charges.
You can't really prevent stacking endurance charges from Enduring Cry, unless you made it expend all charges just to add charges. Communicating that to the player would probably be a nightmare.

I don't think there's too much issue with the current passive placement. All charge passives are in similar locations, so frenzy and power charges are just as easy to spec into now.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Endurance charges are pretty good, I made a post about this in the mechanics thread. Not only does it add mitigation, it also improves the value of your armor significantly. By something like 5x.

Didn't consider the 6-endurance case.

Someone made a good point about it, though: chaos damage laughs at your 6 endurance. If so much of the damage at endgame is chaos, should counter-balance how good this is.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Are there any reliable ways to get endurance charges?

I use warlord's mark and the the one cry skill that gives them, and I rarely was at three, let alone six.
There are some uniques.
With my lvl 42 marauder I only had max 3 charges and most of the time it is too much of a bother to keep them up all the time. Molten Shield is much better to use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info