+aoe radius skillnodes,

do they affect my totems?

Just kind of leery to try this, as totems are separate entities and I have no way of knowing whether they will inherit this passive.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
do they affect my totems?

Just kind of leery to try this, as totems are separate entities and I have no way of knowing whether they will inherit this passive.
Your totems are 'soul-linked' to you. When you create a totem, it's casting your skills using your stats, just as you would if you cast the spells the totem's using. So spells you cast through totems will benefit from your passives which apply to them.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 23, 2012, 1:53:53 AM
mark, thank you.

Now I know about rejuv totem's current issues, but I tested this using rejuv totem.

I picked a spot on the beach, where I could pinpoint exactly the edge of rejuv totem's radius against a fixed point on the ground (my mouse button casting totem at the dead center of one rock, while another rock is exactly between my templar's feet).

I noted these position, and then linked amplify and the two +aoe range skillnodes adjacent to it: this build.

Now I made the smallest step I possibly could away from the totem, which is about 1/2 the length of my character's feet. I lose range on the totem. Leads me to believe:
1) my totem's range didn't go up, or
2) the shortest possible step is >20% of rejuv totem's base radius (possible, but damn - that'd be kind of lame)

I've been doing an experiment where I set up 2 rejuvs (yeah i know they don't stack) so I can max range shield charge ping-pong from one to the other. Bigger radius would be nifty on this. It's actually kind of amusing. The monster AI defaults to attacking totems because they can't stay in range of me, and this gives me two clusters of monsters at max shield charge range o.o

I will try again with the +aoe radius support, and see if the two things combine any better.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jul 23, 2012, 2:24:45 AM
thanks mark.

After the second patch which fixed the totem-aura issue, I was able to verify that it does indeed work the way you said.

Sorry for being so inquisitive ^^. Thought I may have identified a potential bug at the time.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info