Increased radius of firestorm and lightning warp

I have checked, and neither of those skills has actually increased in base radius this patch.
It might look like they have in comparison due to the auras having smaller effects, or it might be that you've got more increased area from passives, as in the new tree you might find it easier to get more total area bonuses.
The base radius of firestorm has definitely not increased this patch. I have found what's probably the cause of these reports - a bug was fixed in firestorm where the fireballs were not falling evenly, and were biased towards falling in the inner part of it's radius (but could still fall over the entire radius). They now fall evenly over the area, as they were intended to. Carl will be looking at whether this warrants balance changes.

For reference, adding increased area radius passives to firestorm does not make it worse, since it increases both the area the fireballs can fall in, and the area of each fireball's explosion.
"
Strill wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The base radius of firestorm has definitely not increased this patch. I have found what's probably the cause of these reports - a bug was fixed in firestorm where the fireballs were not falling evenly, and were biased towards falling in the inner part of it's radius (but could still fall over the entire radius). They now fall evenly over the area, as they were intended to. Carl will be looking at whether this warrants balance changes.
A bug causing them to fall in the center? I thought that was intentional. I'm certain I remember a dev specifically saying that you were changing them to fall in the center.
I believe they were changed to prevent the problem with the initial implementation where they were more likely to fall at the outside, but the intent was to counteract that, rather than make them mostly fall in the centre. I thought the evenness had been fixed ages back, but it wasn't, and got caught in this patch when working on other skills.

Carl's going to be looking into the balance of the skill, and the damage or distribution will be changed if necessary.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 23, 2012, 10:30:23 PM
We're going to make some adjustments to Firestorm! Watch this space.
Balance & Design
I'll try and get it pushed into a build soon if possible :P Carl has increased the damage and made a few adjustments, I'll test it out and see how playable it is.
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info