How do you deal with the clicking?

Click the items, click the spells/attacks, click the enemies, click to move...

What do you do to reduce/alleviate the wrist pain after several hours of PoE?
Had to get a gel/foam wrist pad because of PoE :p

I didn't use one for long so it didn't feel comfortable at first but I got used to it, it's definitely better.

For me the trick seems to be:

1) lift to take pressure off the underside of the wrist where blood vessels are

2) keep the palm of the hand more in alignment with the forearm, not bending upwards

3) try to remove a maximum of friction from the mousemat (I use simple a4 paper that I replace now and then)

I rarely have any wrist pain, but yeah it can happen with ARPGs like PoE and Diablo.

As for build/skills:

1) remember some skills like Double Strike don't require repeated clicking: just click on a target and hold

2) consider putting skills on the keyboard instead of LMB/MMB/RMB. I have only double strike on LMB otherwise the mouse is for totems atm, which is used less often. I have Heavy Strike on D key, pressing the keyboard is much less straining.
Last edited by DeF46 on Jul 22, 2012, 11:39:38 AM
I often play poe during my company lunch break, people don't like the mouse clicking noise at that time so I switch my main skills/spells to keyboard and also try using the mouse pad on laptop to move
IGN : Hungryneko
Many many years of wrist strengthening techniques.

Masturbation and Diablo II.

Wow, don't get an RSI from gaming too hard....

I have always had my mouse sensitivity pretty high, I lay my forearm on the desk and cup the mouse using a pretty relaxed claw grip. I hardly ever need to use wrist action. I have adjustable mouse sensitivity on-the-fly for games which need both precision and speed, but I never feel like I need to "pump" the mouse to get the cursor where I want it.

If you ever lift the mouse off from a surface, you have a problem with low sensitivity and/or a non-ergonomic sitting situation.

The desk is an opaque textured surface, and it's comfortable and clean, so I never have needed a mousepad or anything, and it's a high-dpi laser mouse. It's not pinchy to my arms which rest on it a lot.

My elbow does not get any stress, the shoulder is relaxed, not all at a weird angles. I always sit up and use good posture while gaming. My desk is flat, and I have a very slight incline of my left arm when I anchor my fingers on my keyboard. I do not lean back, and a lot of ergonomic guides show people in comfortable chairs designed for them, but I believe that puts more stress on my arms and makes blood circulation more difficult, and my chair isn't designed for good leaning back with lower back support, so I just sit right.

I hold the button down for auto-attacking or running around. I use keys instead of mouse buttons for a lot of spam-repetitive skills like Flicker Strike.
I was a pretty fast Broodwar player, PoE has far less clicking even in tense situations, so everything is fine for me. ;)
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
You don't even need to unclick now, 0.9.11 made it so shift will stop you from moving, and you can just target things as you run, attack them, and move on but unshifting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info