Diablo 2 Ladder Reset

I think it dealt a major blow to PoE at a critical time. I know a huge chunk of the PoE fan base were originally from D2. I know I'm back to D2 just for nostalgic reasons and will probably continue to do so for the next couple of months at least. On other popular gaming forums the PoE sections have become practically dead since reset. Not insulting PoE at all as it is infinitely better than D2 in its own right but I am wondering if it will negatively affect the end result of PoE when the ladder reset craze is done. I'm hoping when its done I'll have a more polished game to come back to (cutthroat, improved pvp, other perma leagues)

Iso discussion =D
I am impressed anyone still plays the Diablo 2 ladder myself. I played a lot of Diablo 2 over the years and while it was a great game. I just can't imagine still playing it now. I mean, it's been played to death. The only way I could go back to it even recently was when I played the Eastern Sun mod for awhile and a few others.

I guess it isn't that surprising though. I still play a lot of older games but I guess I get bored of ARPGs faster and find them harder to go back to.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
*warning, snarkiness*

A beta game, without any advertising, which is incomplete is having a hard time fighting against a game 10 years matured which is the most beloved aRPG in its day created by a high end company at the top of their game.

Man, I wonder why.
There's a fraction of players who like consistency and predictability: killing boss X will yield item Y.

This game really isn't for people like that.

This game is for people who'll do the same area over and again because they know..., a Mirror can drop anywhere, anytime. - CharanJaydemyr
"
Dakarian wrote:
*warning, snarkiness*

A beta game, without any advertising, which is incomplete is having a hard time fighting against a game 10 years matured which is the most beloved aRPG in its day created by a high end company at the top of their game.

Man, I wonder why.

Yeah and they just reset the ladder after two and a half years. That is the point of this thread. I am not attacking PoE I said it is a much better game. What damage will it cause to PoE is the question. Thousands of users leaving, even for a temporary period, will damage GGG imo.
I think PoE is in good shape. Big patch coming up, lots of updates and changes every week or so, races, and it's hecka fun.
Love playing this game.
"
Jabram wrote:
Thousands of users leaving, even for a temporary period, will damage GGG imo.

thousand(s) of jumpers from one boat to another - how did they help GGG at all? These are just QQers and nitpickers, which not really support GGG, in many cases... their missing will just improve the readability (and probably constructivity/usefulness) of the feedback in the forum ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Jabram wrote:
"
Dakarian wrote:
*warning, snarkiness*

Man, I wonder why.

Yeah and they just reset the ladder after two and a half years. That is the point of this thread. I am not attacking PoE I said it is a much better game. What damage will it cause to PoE is the question. Thousands of users leaving, even for a temporary period, will damage GGG imo.

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/

Note ladder reset dates.

Can't wait till we get our own league 'resets'

AlgoQQWhinebots simply want this game to fail.

Easy, just uninstall and don't come back :)

BTW, can I have your stuff?
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
And if they don't support this F2P game by GGG, they may as well remain in D2, where they can leach off their server resources instead of being a burden on GGG's. Good riddance :)
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Surprised at the negativity this thread generated. Not even gonna waste my time responding to some of these disrespectful comments. I hope the new leagues generate a fresh feel that will pull the original massive player base back into action.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info