Lightning Arrow Ranger ---> 1,000 strikes in one move!

The idea consists of (Support)Major Multiple Projectile + (Support)Pierce on Lightning Arrow. If you can have the arrow spread 10 times, and have it pierce, if there were 20 mobbs infront of you all clumped up tight then this skill would potentially hit 60 times in one move. My idea is to use this amount of hits to convert into some sort of major gain, like life on hit?! I am also planning to proc stuns using the amount of hits.

20 mobbs clumped----> fire lightning arrow once with the major projectile spreading it up to 10X, in return hitting the first 10 mobbs and spreading it's procc'd ability (jumps to the closest enemies an additional 3 times per arrow and hitting the 10 enemies in the back of the pack.) 10x3=30 hits from the first phase of this ability. Now lets say every arrow pierces, now you hit the back 10 mobbs repeating it's effect and jumping 3 times per arrow again, this time reverberating it's effect to the first 10 monsters that were hit initially. Since it jumps to the closest enemies it wouldn't technically hit the 10 mobbs in the back again, the mobbs in the front would be the new closest targets. The more enemies you have clumped up the more exponential gain on this skill, the more potential "On Hit" effects you can take advantage of. I am still testing everything, like the stun synchronization with the skill as I mentioned before. With a lot of life on hit, and a lot of lightning damage, I think this can be a real winner.

Let me know what you think!

Shunwon --
"What sounds foolish to the wise sounds wise to the foolish."
--Twitch.tv/MajorLagGaming
--Youtube.com/MajorLagGaming
--Twitter @MLGHUB
Harder in practice than in theory. If you have multiple projectile alone usually hit at least 2 targets, and up to 6. In order to take advantage of pierce AND mult. projectiles, there needs to be at least 9 mobs, and then you'd probably kill them all in one hit. But most of the time, you're killing just as fast with multiple projectiles alone
try using support gem that takes a spread out spell or attack and makes it more concentrated
Please don't pm me asking for beta keys :)
"
Sillex wrote:
try using support gem that takes a spread out spell or attack and makes it more concentrated

The spread of most multiple projectile attacks is based on the distance from your character the mouse is.
I recognize the fact that you have to have a nice size of mobbs around you. I was playing around with proliferate, but I may try the concentrate ability with say.... a close range bow damage modifier like the one that does 50% more damage close range, but less damage long rage. My plan is to somehow manage to kite the entire zone, round it up like cattle, and shoot 1 lightning arrow to exponentially anihilate everything in 1-2 shots. :)
--Twitter @MLGHUB
Last edited by Shunwon on Jul 20, 2012, 5:05:11 PM
"
shunwon wrote:
I recognize the fact that you have to have a nice size of mobbs around you. I was playing around with proliferate, but I may try the concentrate ability with say.... a close range bow damage modifier like the one that does 50% more damage close range, but less damage long rage. My plan is to somehow manage to kite the entire zone, round it up like cattle, and shoot 1 lightning arrow to exponentially anihilate everything in 1-2 shots. :)

Enough chatting and start streaming goddammit
"
shunwon wrote:

Thats basically what i`m doing right now.
Except that i dont use point blank and instead of lightning arrow i use explosive arrow with lesser multiple projectiles and pierce. Immensly satisfiing i must say
^-^
Last edited by guggelfunsus on Jul 22, 2012, 11:12:10 AM
Haha, im starting up the stream now, feel free to stop by! Twitch.tv/MajorLagGaming --
--Twitter @MLGHUB

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info