No exp death penalty in maps please?

There's already a penalty for dying in a map, so maybe the EXP penalty could be removed? I mean the penalty for dying at level 60 is huge, and I don't see how anyone could level up otherwise.

If the MoC is removed, how are players going to level up other than through maps?
"
laian wrote:
I mean the penalty for dying at level 60 is huge, and I don't see how anyone could level up otherwise.

...by being really, really careful?

Or, I suppose, by running the end of Act 2.

Leveling at the high end is meant to be a reward for skill, not for mere participation.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
"
Skivverus wrote:
Leveling at the high end is meant to be a reward for skill, not for mere participation.

Eh... if you happen to tag along with a public party of really good players, it might as well be just participation.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.

seriously stop trying to get them to noob this game out

go play pog or something more your level
When I heard about cutthroat league I had a vision of a place, and in that place I saw a man, and in that man I saw my sword, and in my inventory I saw his loot
"
Shippal wrote:
Eh... if you happen to tag along with a public party of really good players, it might as well be just participation.
True, but I doubt many will be willing to carry people through their map instances since portals are limited, the areas are dangerous, and weaklings run the risk of wasting portals.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
What's PoG?
Last I checked, babies don't survive Wraeclast. >:(

Man up, and take the penalty!

I kid, I kid. :P
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
I don't
When I heard about cutthroat league I had a vision of a place, and in that place I saw a man, and in that man I saw my sword, and in my inventory I saw his loot
Play 'Normal' till the end, if you are that coward person.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
"
Shippal wrote:
True, but I doubt many will be willing to carry people through their map instances since portals are limited, the areas are dangerous, and weaklings run the risk of wasting portals.

That's one potential downside of the portal limit in the new endgame where it may discourage coop play.

I find it already non-coop friendly with Chaos seeing as you need a very good build otherwise the increased damage in coop = death = exp loss. :/

edit: It would be nice if not all endgame Maps had a portal limit, perhaps? So there is some equivalent to Fellshrine, something fun where everyone's welcome..
Last edited by DeF46 on Jul 20, 2012, 6:27:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info