The New Passive Skill Tree is a Direct Nerf to my build

"
Charan wrote:

Yeah, not sure that not finding such an old joke not particularly funny is being 'trolled', but mkay. I've been accused of having a defunct sense of humour before.

Usually by people I consider mentally defunct, but that hardly brings us any closer to the truth. ^_^

Didn't follow the link, btw. They mentioned blood magic and CI. Obvious.

Okay, maybe it wasn't funny. I got a strange sense of humor at times. I really did have to take a look, though. I just had to see for myself how bad it really was. Wow, talk about being all over the place!
Looks like someone missed their weekly meeting of Douchebag's Anonymous.

Last edited by The_Paw on Jul 20, 2012, 6:24:53 AM
Guys... I have played the game on the open beta weekends. Yes, this build is not meant to be taken seriously but it was something I wanted to try merely for the challenge of it. If you look at the build, it grabs all easily available strength bonus's, then give you Blood Magic, Iron grip, Chaos Inoculation, Eldritch Battery and Resolute Technique.

The idea is that you get a bow, have a huge amount of damage and you never miss but you only have one health and no spells. And I had extra points, so I threw them around randomly. So that explains some weird bits.

It was meant PURELY for "Is it even possible to live through the game like this?"

While you might be like "OH GOD THIS GUY IS COMPLETELY SERIOUS IN EVERYTHING HE DOES AND ACTUALLY THINKS THIS BUILD IS GOOD, WHAT AN IDIOT." I'm not... I'm not being serious. This was just for fun, no need to get upset here.

Although it does bring up a point as to why even a forum moderator is bashing me because I displayed a build I wanted to try. This game, and its passive skill tree is about customization. You know, customizing your own character the way you want right? So if I wanted to try ridiculously stupid and hard build, that's in my right correct? I should be allowed to be stupid if I want to be, purely for my own entertainment.

P.S. For those of you who are like "This is funny, this isn't funny." Humor is subjective, if you find it funny, it's funny. Don't let anyone else sway your perspective.
Last edited by derphooves on Jul 20, 2012, 3:48:03 PM
"
derphooves wrote:

It was meant PURELY for "Is it even possible to live through the game like this?"

Its not even possible to use a skill with this build. You have 1 HP due to Chaos innoculation, and all your abilities cost HP.

Hence all abilities are unusable and we all thought it was a joke/trolling.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on Jul 20, 2012, 3:47:01 PM
"
"
derphooves wrote:

Its not even possible to use a skill with this build. You have 1 HP due to Chaos innoculation, and all your abilities cost HP.

Hence all abilities are unusable and we all thought it was a joke/trolling.

Well yeah, that was the point. No spells, skills or abilities. Auto attacks only. And part of it is a joke but I also want to try it out to at least say "I did it"

I posted on the forums to make a joke and also to hopefully see if anyone knew if this was still possible. Guess I should have made that clear in the first part, but it was late at night and I was about to go to bed.

The part about this whole thread that bugs me is that I posted this build with purely good intention. I wasn't bashing anyone, and I just wanted to get a few laughs out of people. Yet the first person to bash me, and criticize not only my build but me as well was a forum moderator. A forum moderator. Seriously? I don't care about random people bashing me, I expect that. A forum moderator is a representative of the company, is that really professional to bash me just because a build of mine is "stupid" to them?
I was kinda =@[.]@= at Charan's response, but, please understand, folks on the boards have been extremely vocal about a skill tree they cannot yet claim to have tested (and I have, so I know what you can expect). The mods, especially, are a bit on edge, having to put out brushfires all over the place from posters up in arms about a skill tree video which it has already been mentioned has been rendered out of date by subsequent alterations.

I think the straw which may have broken Charan's back was the fact that a non-Beta account was posting this, which would have been the height of ignorance. Even I didn't consider that you may have played during a stress-test weekend (though the game has changed, a bit, even since the last one).

Everybody needs to chill out. Monday will come, and with it the new patch. I can almost guarantee you will have plenty more to talk about than the skill tree. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
We're not actually employees, just so you know :P.

Rather, we're community volunteers who just happened to post frequently (and articulately) enough to attract attention from the devs.

As for the build, yeah, that joke/challenge has been done before on the forums at least; in-game, well, I expect it'll be harder to pull off with the next patch, but if you aim for Chaos Inoculation and Eldritch Battery first you can simulate it by not equipping any skill gems.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
"
Raycheetah wrote:
I was kinda =@[.]@= at Charan's response, but, please understand, folks on the boards have been extremely vocal about a skill tree they cannot yet claim to have tested (and I have, so I know what you can expect). The mods, especially, are a bit on edge, having to put out brushfires all over the place from posters up in arms about a skill tree video which it has already been mentioned has been rendered out of date by subsequent alterations.

I think the straw which may have broken Charan's back was the fact that a non-Beta account was posting this, which would have been the height of ignorance. Even I didn't consider that you may have played during a stress-test weekend (though the game has changed, a bit, even since the last one).

Everybody needs to chill out. Monday will come, and with it the new patch. I can almost guarantee you will have plenty more to talk about than the skill tree. =^[.]^=

Thats understandable, I don't normally come onto the forums so I'm not sure of whats happening normally. I would be in the beta already but I don't have to disposable income to even pay for the ten dollar beta. (Thats what you get when you can't find a job ) So I'm definitely not trying to talk shit about a game that I haven't either tried or played. I've played the game, it's an amazing game and I'm dying for it to come out into open beta. So all I get stuck with is playing around with different builds on the passive skill tree for now... which leads to threads like these. So I guess I'll just say, sorry for acting a bit snobish. I didn't understand the forum moderator's side, but I didn't mean to complain or trash any part of the game with this thread.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQYBAYkd4wj4ULQN8GAFDpV0fhRS-QgWwlf8Fs0jlBfvGN4Zs3eZJSEJNyoRdGYuB98fL9VPYjFbggEzgUS2M_37Hza4SjA3lwhEOdqAMjvFZSg8BRacRMYy6UhZ_PNJGhd_SxL6qVNPbMJUeecAVz7J81dv3D5Y8WilW3nBl1vZNjhePSaAYUSHYmvFwDBu2O3-b9MnsXGEKRxy6Gh5d0_eZXfyvK1_O29PxKzmTN2uFd7ev_2ojCqIdpY6prSB3V024MEXIPcjILm2RguQzPmRSMOrSR-cxUTNxz_QpNEssaekmE3i-PsgyJiq2n_eoK9NwkD1oukbNkbY3UXNkj68s76DfOG0KCn6wSqz1NbGj5zJeg_6oWF3jLGcZjar4DIV4qvEQI6nLqLdtH8RyKnHzudlnUKECf4pgy1Cfdog4I4=

why go offensive when u can go pure defence :P
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Pretty much. I have a weird dislike of the term 'derp' anyway. I'm a relic of an earlier time, when 'duh' was in fashion. Relic in general, really.

Also, I can NEVER tell what your faces mean. They are enigmatic in the extreme to me.

And yes, I'm a tad wary of someone who doesn't have a beta tag posting a build. The website's Skilldrasil is there for all to play with, so I figured it was just some...person thinking they'd cleverly been the first individual to figure out the silliness of CI/BM.

If you can make it work, good for you. It sort of falls under the 'creative suboptimal but somehow doable' build, though. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 21, 2012, 12:35:20 AM
"
Charan wrote:
*Snip*

Also, I can NEVER tell what your faces mean. They are enigmatic in the extreme to me.

Hey, at least you recognize them as faces. That's better'n many folks do.

I've appended a detailed explanation in the following post:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/39346/page/1/#p534544

Just wade past alla spam in the beginning. =^[.]~=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info