Skills with Cooldowns

I agree that skills with cooldowns are not fun when enforced, but I see a lot of opportunity in a gem that adds a cooldown. It could increase damage, lower mana cost or raise it, increase radius, crit chance, healing. It could be the type of gem that you would want to stop leveling at some point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIa-YRi5zQU
GlowinglightQT
"
Glowinglight wrote:
I agree that skills with cooldowns are not fun when enforced, but I see a lot of opportunity in a gem that adds a cooldown. It could increase damage, lower mana cost or raise it, increase radius, crit chance, healing. It could be the type of gem that you would want to stop leveling at some point.

If you like it, check out the separate suggestion thread I made for it here :)
"
laian wrote:
Hm. I never really considered fire trap... maybe if they buff it I will :)

I use Fire Trap all the time: it's a huge AoE blast that then burns everything with DoT...and I usually throw 3 consecutively for a huge effect. It's great against groups especially.
Yeah but it's clunky and doesn't feel rewarding for the time it takes to set it up.

"
maglinvinn wrote:
haha. this will break my flickerstrike rogue. d2 didn't need skill cooldowns. go back to WoW.
Just use Flicker Strike to cross distance and switch to any one of the many other damage skills. It's the same overall effect.
Last edited by Strill on Jul 20, 2012, 4:41:44 AM
"
maglinvinn wrote:
haha. this will break my flickerstrike rogue. d2 didn't need skill cooldowns. go back to WoW.

I guess you never played D2 then.

Spoiler
Poison Javelin - 0.6 seconds
Plague Javelin - 4 seconds
Valkyrie - 6 seconds
Immolation Arrow - 1 second

Assassin
Dragon Flight - 1 seconds
Shadow Warrior - 6 seconds
Shadow Master - 6 seconds
Shock Web - 0.6 seconds
Blade Sentinel - 2 seconds

Druid
Firestorm - 0.6 seconds
Molten Boulder - 2 seconds
Fissure - 2 seconds
Volcano - 4 seconds
Armageddon - 6 seconds
Hurricane - 6 seconds
Werewolf - 1 second
Werebear - 1 second

Paladin
Fist of the Heavens - 1 second

Sorceress
Blizzard - 1.8 seconds
Frozen Orb - 1 second
Fire Wall - 1.4 seconds
Meteor - 1.2 seconds
Hydra - 1.6 seconds
"
Malice wrote:
"
maglinvinn wrote:

I guess you never played D2 then.

Spoiler
Poison Javelin - 0.6 seconds
Plague Javelin - 4 seconds
Valkyrie - 6 seconds
Immolation Arrow - 1 second

Assassin
Dragon Flight - 1 seconds
Shadow Warrior - 6 seconds
Shadow Master - 6 seconds
Shock Web - 0.6 seconds
Blade Sentinel - 2 seconds

Druid
Firestorm - 0.6 seconds
Molten Boulder - 2 seconds
Fissure - 2 seconds
Volcano - 4 seconds
Armageddon - 6 seconds
Hurricane - 6 seconds
Werewolf - 1 second
Werebear - 1 second

Paladin
Fist of the Heavens - 1 second

Sorceress
Blizzard - 1.8 seconds
Frozen Orb - 1 second
Fire Wall - 1.4 seconds
Meteor - 1.2 seconds
Hydra - 1.6 seconds

Mostly cooldowns caused by the animations. It's small cooldowns, and I think, when people hears about cooldowns, they think it's a long time where you just have to wait. But these D2-cooldowns doesn't really annoy the gamer, it can hardly be felt.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
People are using just a couple of skills because of the design. You want a supper all powerful spell you toss it in a 6L and slap a bunch of supports to it.

Eventually people will start using more skills when they get higher level and their bread and butter skill alone won't help them progress.

When I heard about cutthroat league I had a vision of a place, and in that place I saw a man, and in that man I saw my sword, and in my inventory I saw his loot
Last edited by Basinx on Jul 20, 2012, 10:29:07 AM
GGG has plans to eventually re-add a support gem which increases skill casting time while improving the spells effects and/or damage.

That's essentially what you're looking for right?

I think it's okay if we have a few high-CD based skills, but they shouldn't be the norm, nor should they be things everyone wants on their character.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info