Skills with Cooldowns

Alright small CD's might do.. They can add some difference to the fights. I was more worried about the crazy long CD's there is in D3.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/class/barbarian/active/earthquake

That is just a major turnoff to wait 2 minutes for a CD to wear off. It just makes you so greedy, you only wanna use it if it's of utter importance. I prefer just to go rampage with the cool skills. But ofc, if we talk small cooldowns that makes think a little about when I cast my skill, it's okay.

Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Last edited by ongZ on Jul 19, 2012, 5:18:02 PM
I don't like the idea of having cooldowns on skills. CDs are for mmorpgs but not for an ARPG in my opinion. Everyone should be able to create their own flow of gameplay.

Some skills have some kind of inbuild minimal cd (like 0.5-1sec), that's ok but any more than that is not. I do not like to wait for my skills to get ready. Though traps are another topic.

If I want tactic I simply use like several different skills in a chain and then repeat, depends on my cast speed, mana pool and the situation.
0.9.11 will introduce short cooldowns for some skills (Flicker Strike for example). This has been discussed in the past so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
0.9.11 will introduce short cooldowns for some skills (Flicker Strike for example). This has been discussed in the past so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Woah. Hm, would flicker strike be buffed as well?
"
laian wrote:
Woah. Hm, would flicker strike be buffed as well?
I sure hope not. It's powerful enough as it is.

Cooldowns aren't being implemented as what I would call a "feature" in an effort to promote rotations (although any cooldown system does that inherently). They're being implemented to balance the spam abuse of certain skills. The two that have been discussed openly by the devs in the past are Flicker Strike and Cold Snap. But, GGG is being their clever selves again and aren't just adding boring, long cooldowns. They're adding short cooldowns with a twist that makes them interesting and fun and allows options that other cooldown systems don't have.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Why cold snap? I didn't know people even used cold snap!

I like how in most games there's cast time and theres cooldown. This way reducing cast time allows you to cast more strategically but cooldown reduction allows for more spam. Currently they're all combined :(
Last edited by laian on Jul 19, 2012, 7:59:05 PM
"
laian wrote:
Why cold snap? I didn't know people even used cold snap!

Exactly. Cold Snap was way too easy to spam so it got nerfed. With a cooldown preventing spam, it can be buffed back up to where it was originally intended.
Forum Sheriff
Ohhh. They nerfed it previously. I had never seen pre-nerf Cold Snap. That explains everything (I saw a video once with a Witch exclusively using Cold Snap and I was like, "how on earth is that spell so strong")

It seems like GGG is already on top of this :)
haha. this will break my flickerstrike rogue. d2 didn't need skill cooldowns. go back to WoW.
"
maglinvinn wrote:
haha. this will break my flickerstrike rogue. d2 didn't need skill cooldowns. go back to WoW.

Might, might not. I appealed rather passionately to Chris about Flicker Strike's future, probably making a twit of myself in the process, and the solution he mentioned seemed perfect.

You'll find out soon enough.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info