New characters

i was talking with my friend yesterday about GGG making new characters, which i dont believe would or will happen, unless WAY in the future. we were discusiing how this would effect players and the skill tree, and came to a smart conclusion that if new characters were to come about in a expansion or patch/update, that instaed of a new tree just for those new characters, they would add new nodes and either:

1) start in the center of the tree for said new characters
or
2) start on the edges as a branch outwards to start for example branching from, Elemental equilibrium blood magic arrow dodging and ghost reaver to start skill allocation.

the only big problem i saw with the second option would be player reconfiguring of their skill points to go towards new nodes added or such from the new places of the new characters on the skill tree and or new gems that associate with these characters.

This is only a thought and maybe if readers find this interestg or have feedback, please post your ideas or feedback. i figured it would be an intereting topic to discuss even though i dont think that GGG will make any new charcters any time soon.
Regards,
Aaron
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
i think you saw the problem yourself the way it is new classes can only start inbetween already existing classes but hell yes why not an mixup between an ranger and an shadow shadowranger :D?

so hybrid hybrid classes

shadowranger between shadow and ranger

gunman between duellist and ranger

berserk between duellist and marauder

knight between marauder and templar

barden between templar and witch

chaos mind class (sounds awesome ) between witch and shadow

greetings
german gamer :P with rising english skills
interesting combination. i hope everyone understands that when i said "branch off" i meant there would be new clusters beyond the key nodes that i mentioned in my previous post that would later get you to those said key nodes.
thanks for posting !
this would offer more powerful builds and hopefully some new classes in the future
Last edited by strife360 on May 22, 2013, 10:36:29 AM
due to how the skill tree works, new characters wont be bringing any real content other than a new face doing the same or at the very best getting "x" node few lvs earlier.

diferent story would be is said char where to have something that other chars dont, an example of this could be that a char that starts in the center gets twice as much stats for every +str or int or dex node and item but big nodes such as RT,BM,IW,etc.. give no bonus at all.

that or make them receive diferent bonus for the stats like str giving twice as much dmg bonus but no hp bonus, or dex giving chance to crit intead of acuracy.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on May 22, 2013, 11:00:40 AM
If GGG decide to make new characters then by that time there would already be new gear types and that would hopefully implement the new clusters from the starting points of the new characters
skill tree will expand for additional characters for additional skill nodes.
other nodes will be difficult to reach. maybe a white node that connects/teleport a node to other white node can solve this. for example every white node gives +1 str/dex/int so 1 skill pt = 2 white nodes gives you 2 str/dex/int or maybe additional stat like cast/atk spd/mvent spd etc. 3-5 white nodes will do? if this happens i call it portal nodes! ;) just an idea..
A character which must pick certain keystone passive such as chaos inoculation or blood magic as their first passive would be interesting.
Way to necro a thread made obsolete with the Scions appearance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info