How I Got to Level 100

Congratulations !
Meh
he should get a unique named after him -- one of you diamond supporters, get on it.
congrats dude!
Hey HC trolls,

What are you going to do when this guy passes all of you up. Gonna cry harder then for us?

Grats on world #1
"
Hey HC trolls,

What are you going to do when this guy passes all of you up. Gonna cry harder then for us?

Grats on world #1

I think It's cute that you believe that's a possibility.
"
Hey HC trolls,

Grats on world #1

Stop riding HvR's dick mate. I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate it.
Congrats on level 100.

Ok, now let's analyze the OP statistics:

The video stream of reaching level 100 says 2 days ago (May 20th, 2013) so from beginning of OB (1-23-13) = 118 days. Using the game XP time of 59.427 days that means 59.427 Days / 118 * 24 = 12.087 hours/day and that is not counting AFK for eating and shitting so rounding up = 13 hours per day average over the 90 days of OB.
edit: 1-23-13 to 5-20-13 = 4 months

So if you are willing to give up half of your real life time you can reach level 100 in about 4 months.
Yep, I'd say with 100% certainty that pretty well defines the meaning of a PoE no-lifer.

What is worth noting out of all of this time sink is that no matter where the arpg devs set the level cap they always drastically underestimate the total time (days) it should take to reach that level. for D2 is was 100, D3 is was a pathetically low 60, and for PoE they matched D2 with a level 100 cap. Strange since D2 is about Diablo so you could easily see the devs setting the level cap at a much higher 666.

Interesting that Chris envisions PoE as having a 5 to 10 year game life and here we see some one reach the end in only 4 months. Yes, with new maps/acts being released every 9 to 12 months that will mean coming back to play them but that's about all there is/will be to do for the elite no-lifer PoE player. Now that he has a level 100 character he can say "been there, done that" and hopefully resume his education and real life.

Ok, so where does that leave the rest of the PoE players. Probably "stuck hard in the filthy mud of Wraeclast" with Captain Fairgraves blowing our horns in the forums.

But seriously, apart from the anomaly of a rogue PoE player with OCD playing 13 hours per day, GGG has some real challenges (headaches) to work out to provide a more level playing field for both the players playing 6+ hours per day 6 or 7 days a week and the greater untapped potential player base of most PoE players with < 6 hours for maybe 3, 4, or 5 days a week. If I do the math based on my own current average PoE time:

4 days a week x 3 hours = 12 hours / week. Using the OP XP time of 1,426.25 hours then:
1,426.25 / 12 = 117.8 days

Since I play solo and am not a cockroach... oops (got a flashback to Gemling Queen for an instant)... not as fast at clearing maps as the master elite player is I'd triple my time so I'll need close to a whole year to reach level 100 if I don't fall out due to burnout and/or leveling frustration.

That's actually not quite as bad as I thought it might take me so barring any stupid dev changes by GGG by following the other arpg ex-producer Wilson... googling for it... ah, here it is:

Jay Wilson quote about the development of Inferno Mode during an IGN Interview...
-----------------------
“Internally, we had this super hardcore test group – we've got a lot of hardcore players at Blizzard – that tested Inferno, and we got it to the point where they thought it was challenging enough,” Blizzard’s Jay Wilson told IGN.

“Then we doubled it. Because we knew, no matter how good we are, our players are gonna be better. We focused on making that as difficult as we could make it.”
-----------------------

So as long as GGG doesn't see the player reaching level 100 in 4 months as a problem that must be fixed by doubling the difficulty and by doing so exponentially quadruple the progression and dying often frustrations and quit playing I can see 8 to 12 months as a reasonable time to get a character to level 100.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 22, 2013, 9:50:55 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
The video stream of reaching level 100 says 2 days ago (May 20th, 2013) so from beginning of OB (1-23-13) = 90 days.

January, February, March, April, May.. eh, I think you are missing one of them dude :P
Last edited by Hassefar60 on May 22, 2013, 8:43:33 AM
Gratz hvr, we mapped once together, 77 shrine Piety raped me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info