BATTLE WARS: 1685

GET ON LINE AND PLAY THIS WITH ME YOU GUYS IT IS THE GAME I WAS WAITING FOR SINCE I WAS BORN

Here is an excerpt from the instruction manual:

'In the year 1657 the battle captains of the world were united in a common purpose. In 1658 they were not. Then they did battle. Secretly the battle captain John Conner knew that terminators were going to attack them, and he sent himself to the future. This is his story. Well, it's not. This is the story of the rest of them who stayed behind.'
Last bumped on Jan 30, 2017, 1:52:24 PM

Here is the in game screen shot. It is made to be black and white to look authentic. You can clearly see a battle war taking place.

Here is the campaign selection screen. There are infinity options for how to aggress on the other battle captains.

This is concept art of John Conner in the future. No word yet on if the sequel will take us there but as far as I know this is not in the game.
From the developer logs:

Jack Jackman, lead designer:
"I was fucking my wife one day and realized that I was very bored. Her vagina was ridiculous and not fun at all. So I decided to make battle wars."

Dave Douglas, graphical consultant:
"The decisions we made, we made them when we were very drunk."

Ed Stevens, Jack Jackmans dad:
"Fucking Jack, that kid is such a dick."

Larry Bird:
"We wanted battle wars to be the definitive experience of gaming. That is why we spent ten years doing voice overs."
GameSpy's review of Battle Wars: 1658

Jack Jackman is the leading designer of our time. After developing such hit titles as Battle Man: Quest of Battle and Battle Jumper: Jumping Jack Battlers, we knew that we could trust him to take battle based gaming to new and exciting heights. If you saw his stupid face you would never think he could make sweet games, but time and time again he has not failed to surprise us.

Battle Wars starts out on the tundra where wolves are attacking John Connor, and then he goes to the future to fight terminators. After that you are introduced to several hundred battle captains and have to sort through them to select the one you want. Each battle captain has ten stats, and they are all important.

If you pick the wrong one, you are fucked. This is key.

I can't say enough good things about the voice overs. They are the best part of the game. All voiced by Robert De Niro, you can tell that the man had a passion for Battle Wars from the start.

Graphically, Battle Wars astounds, and shows what excellent battle wars can be displayed with simple monochrome colorimaging. Both the battle and the war aspects of the battlewars serve to put the player right in the action and remind us all that not so long ago battlewars were a reality. It really makes you think.

Gameplay wise, Battle Wars is quick to learn and even quicker to master. I was winning after about seven minutes, which is good because games are not supposed to be hard, as this alienates most demographics.

All in all, Battle Wars is a game I would have sex with if I could. In fact I might.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tv5gBa9DQs

Gameplay footage from the first stage.

There may be some historical inadequacies.
"
"
DaleWinters wrote:
GET ON LINE AND PLAY THIS WITH ME YOU GUYS IT IS THE GAME I WAS WAITING FOR SINCE I WAS BORN

Here is an excerpt from the instruction manual:

'In the year 1657 the battle captains of the world were united in a common purpose. In 1658 they were not. Then they did battle. Secretly the battle captain John Conner knew that terminators were going to attack them, and he sent himself to the future. This is his story. Well, it's not. This is the story of the rest of them who stayed behind.'

Dale come on bro you serious

Do you even lift

Get back on PoE

I totally lift
"
Vakirauta wrote:
"
DaleWinters wrote:

I like the graphics. So how is the gameplay?

like sliding out of your mothers uterus for the first time
"
Ohhhhhh my God you actually trolled me

You are the master lol

:D

+10 pts to Dale

No way this game is real as shit.
Last edited by DaleWinters on May 23, 2013, 10:08:14 AM
Lol, How long will you make it before your back on probation? :)
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit - The Tick
I THINK I SPEAK FOR EVERYBODY HERE WHEN I COMPLIMENT DALE WINTERS ON HIS EXCELLENT GAME DISCOVERY.

I UNSUBBED FROM PATH OF EXILE AND AM NOW A LEVEL 7 BATTLER IN BATTLE WARS: 1685

JOIN ME

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info